You can type here any text you want

Is there a way to ignore false knock with XFI?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

I'm getting some false knock when I launch via transbrake and it's killing my 60ft because XFI is pulling timing...I will eventually figure out what's causing it...something is banging...but in the meantime is there a way to tell XFI to ignore that knock...I don't want it ignored for the entire run...just that point in time when I launch...

Oh well...talked to FAST and it appears as though there is no way to disable the knock sensor for only part of the run...it's all or none...but I can disable it via XFI(under ESC Parameters) rather than having to unplug it...which is a PITA...if anyone knows of a trick to disable it for only part of the run please let me know...

Oh well...talked to FAST and it appears as though there is no way to disable the knock sensor for only part of the run...it's all or none...but I can disable it via XFI(under ESC Parameters) rather than having to unplug it...which is a PITA...if anyone knows of a trick to disable it for only part of the run please let me know...

Run the signal wire to a switch? Flip the switch after you launch? Or... get an electric controlled switch and program it to an Auxillary input in the XFI, and set it up to deliver such and such voltage to open and close the switch at certain points.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Run the ESC signal through the normally closed contacts of a relay. Trigger the relay with the first stage power adder output. Configure that output to activate immediately after the transbrake is released. While the output is activated, the relay will interrupt the ESC signal as it is wired to the normally closed contact. Configure the second stage to activate 1 second after the first, and wire its relay in a similar manner to interrupt current flow to the stage 1 relay coil. So, when the second stage hits, the ESC wire will again be connected to its input on the XFI.

This will work, and it will only cost a few bucks for two relays. Let me know if it's clear enough.

When the relay makes contact again it will bounce for a bit; guess that might cause a brief burst of false knock too, but would certainly prevent false knock while it's open :) Dunno what sort of software filtering the FAST does on the ESC input.

TurboTR

I was thinking on the same lines with Craig, but with a digiset switch.

You could do it with one relay and Aux Output 4 (B4) provided your VSS is working correctly, if not use Aux Output 1

Get it up on jack stands, crawl under it and find out whats bang'in around under there.......:cool:

Can you please explain in more detail how to use a relay and AUX output...pic or illustration would help...

I have never tried this, so can't guarantee the results:

Standard relay:
Pin 87: ESC signal (XFI Pin A9)
Pin 30: ESC signal from module
Pin 85: Switched 12v
Pin 86: Aux Output2 (XFI Pin B2)

I have tried but can't seem to find out what's causing it...I think I have it fixed...go to the track...first launch...there it is again...just getting tired of not finding it and then having it ruin my 60ft...just wanted a temp way to ignore that part of the run because I know it's false knock...I've been just turning off the sensor altogether lately just to get a good run...doesn't make me feel real comfortable but that's the way it is...

Back