You can type here any text you want

Is this as good as they say?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hmmm, 3x3x5 inches? and equal to 100 One Farad Capcitors?? give me a break....this should be under the same section that they sell those "performance chips" and the "Electric Superchargers"

maybe by a long shot I'm wrong and this little box is actually has as much power as a 9 volt battery, I doubt it.....I'm sure someone else will post opinions.....

I believe the Batcap is actually functional unlike THE C.A.P produced by Alumapro and sold by them and PG (which is a waste of $$ and space).

Can't give any fisrthand exp about it though, but I WOULD NOT spend any money on it. You simply don't need to.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003667231&category=18797

Audiowizard? any experience with these? are they worth it?

I haven't any personal experience with these caps but I highly doubt that it has enough capacity to crank a engine or anything else that it says. If you want power, a good size cca battery and 100 to 120 amp stock alt. will give you the juice that you need. If you have amps with unregulated power supplies then a low-resistance cap (not a Bat-Cap) will help with suppliing juice when the amp needs it.

The Batcap is really just a special kind of battery with an extremely low internal resistance. So low that it can expell all of it avaliable current very fast. Equal to 100 caps, maybe. A 1 farad cap does not hold that much power. Ever short the leads on a big cap. All you get is a spark. Ever short the leads on a battery? I haven't and really don't want to. Is it as fast as a cap, that is the question. If it is, this is an excellent way to supplement a big car stereo system. Especially one that has a marginal electrical system, like our GN's. I'd like to see testimonials from impartial owners.

I've read people praising it over on carsound, but I've also heard people praising The CAP, so thats not very accurate. I do believe the Bat-cap is made with a low ESR/ESL, but I haven't ever seen any TESTED data to prove it...

Originally posted by GNandTTA
[BEver short the leads on a big cap. All you get is a spark. Ever short the leads on a battery? I haven't and really don't want to./B]

LOL! I was right next to the batt when my friend dropped his wrench which happened to land on the terminals arcing them and KABOOM! Sounded like a gunshot and was incredibly loud! I went deaf for about a minute and so did he. The battery literally exploded. Learned a lot that day. Luckily neither of us were hurt and hearing came back after a minute or so and we only got a little battery acid on our shirts.
That was almost 15 years ago and I still hate when I see anything get near terminals that looks like it may arc them.
Just remember to be careful when messing with your electrical
Treat it with respect you don't want it to bite back!

Back