You can type here any text you want

Is this false knock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

l3lue

Check out this log i'm trying to get my car straight, just put the turbotweak chip in from a stock chip..WOW that really did clear up some times and it is idling better, I took the car out for a quick cruise after installed the chip and it looks like at one point I hit 22degrees of knock?? is this false knock? I didn't notice anything strange about the ride car seemed to run pretty good, ALOT better than what it's been (can't wait until the MAF Translator comes in and I can install the LS1 MAF I have) idle BLM's dropped from 150 to 142 (How bad is this?)

Attachments

Some bad vacuum leaks with blms in the 140s , check all lines first before anything. The knock is not false but probably not all detonation, some stuff can be banging around like exhaust hitting in spots, broken motor mount ect...bad gas, fuel pump on the way out..
Theirs a spring cleaning in order..

To check if it really false knock, turn your boost down. Say to 15-16psi. If it's false knock, it will knock at these boosts too (which it shouldn't).

Installing boost gauge tonight and actual knock gauge -- What are the most prone lines to leak vacuum wise? They seem to be in decent shape, I wonder if I am missing something.

How do you check for broken motor mount? I know I need to fix exhaust on the car it has some pretty bad leaks, you think this would cause the issue?

Back