You can type here any text you want

issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ractex

having issues with motor hitting 2-4psi and cutting out/spitting-backfire and such. when cold will go about 8-9 before it does it. Car started all at once and would go 28psi prior. Chaged the intake gasket a week ago and noticed wires out of iac so changed weatherpack and put it all back together. Any ideas what would cause this. No codes, and compression is fine. thought about tps but no codes and they are high to replace if not it

having issues with motor hitting 2-4psi and cutting out/spitting-backfire and such. when cold will go about 8-9 before it does it. Car started all at once and would go 28psi prior. Chaged the intake gasket a week ago and noticed wires out of iac so changed weatherpack and put it all back together. Any ideas what would cause this. No codes, and compression is fine. thought about tps but no codes and they are high to replace if not it

Why did you replace the intake gasket?

Was this a problem before you did that?

Are you still running the stock maf?

pulled the intake and did some port work. wondering if the regulator is getting soft. gonna try and turn it up and see if it boost a little more. Might be getting leaned out

When you pulled the intake did you bolt down the coil pack bracket and coilpacks/module tight? and did you put all the ground wires back? The bracket for the coil pack is the ground for it. i ran a ground from the bolt to the firewall.. This could be your issue as this problem wont flag a code. and if you ported your intake the ports on the intake should match the intake ports on the head or it will cause restriction in flow.. im assuming your heads were already ported?

also if you think the car is leaning out i dont think adding boost will solve the problem. blow a HG maybe. lol.. what are you O2s reading at idle and when you stomp on her?

scratch that about adding boost..i misread your post.. But check all the grounds and coil packs bracket like i said.

was doing it prior to the intake. It started all the suddon awhile back and thought I might have blown a head gasket or busted another spring. The heads and intake are ported was just doing some plenum and tb work. will check the ground

What is your combo?

Alky?

Does your car have a translator?

Have you datalogged when this stumble occurred?

was doing it prior to the intake. It started all the suddon awhile back and thought I might have blown a head gasket or busted another spring. The heads and intake are ported was just doing some plenum and tb work. will check the ground

When did you bust a spring,was it before having this problem?

I know you said compression was fine in the first post but what was the numbers on the cylinder with the busted spring as compared to the other cylinders?

First of all, make sure you have good gas in it to go that high in boost.

Check the spark plug wires, spark plugs and try closing the gap on plugs to .025". You might also have a weak colipack also.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Not trying to be a pain but when was the last time you changed the plugs and or wires?

Back