You can type here any text you want

ISTA@VISTA w/ GN/TTYPE gathering June 30th, Jordan Lake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTyphoon

:) It's that time of year again! The annual SyTy/ GN gathering and cookout will be June 30 at 10am. Same place at Vista Point access, Jordan Lake. Last shelter area on the left before the boat ramps. Bring your own burgers, hotdogs, and drinks. Park admission is $2 per car unless it has changed since last year. Greg, if you still have the mapquest directions, please post them. To get there take Hwy 64 east from Pittsboro. Park is about 5 mi from Pittsboro. Turn right at the stoplight at the Citgo gas station. There will be a sign pointing to the access area, follow this road, it dead ends at the boat ramps. So if you get to the boat ramp, turn around and look to your right for the shelter!!! Hope to have a good turnout his year.

Directions

For mapquest, click:
http://www.mapquest.com/

when the window pops up, enter "seaforth" for the city & "NC" for the state, and that will give you a map of the jordan lake area.

Basically, If you are coming from Apex/Cary traveling west on Hwy64, you will pass the lake and continue on as if headed for Pittsboro. The first traffic light you should hit (Griffin's Crossroads) will be at N. Pea Ridge Rd. The Citgo gas station will be on your right. Turn left at this traffic light and follow N. Pea Ridge Rd all the way to Vista Point park entrance. (If you turn right, you would be on Mt. Gilead Church Rd) If you miss the turn & find yourself crossing the Haw river, you went too far.

Vista Point is "off the beaten path" so it's nice, quiet & generally uncrowded, but then it's a little bit trickier to find...

Look forward to seeing y'all then!

I'll be there and I plan on bringing an unopened sy model and a gmp 87 GN model.I believe I will also bring a few towels so that Austin can jump in the water this year and have some fun. Anybody got a jet ski?

Hi ya,
I will be there and if Becky is feeling better she will be there too.

I will bring my chips (no dip).

Talked to Rick Kibler last night and he is planing on bring out his low 8 sec in 1/4 mile car. I presume that he will trailer it.
Rick said that he believe that a few other guys he know will be coming out too.

In Garner at Grill 57 every 3rd Sat of each month in the summer, there is a car gathering. Grill 57 usually has a DJ with music for these gathering.

For July 20, Lets see how many GN, Ts, Ty & Sy we can get to show up. If I can get a count, I will contact the manager of Grill 57 and see if he will allow me to "reserve" an area where we can all park together.

Gary :cool:

I have a jet ski-------but until about 24 hours ago--------no-one was talking about this------------if there is going to be a good turn-out-----i would not mind driving 2 1/2-3 hours------but what are we looking at here??????????????

Geoff

Black Car--I'm new to the area and would like to know how to get to Grill 57 from the Burlington area. I would like to meet some of you guys/gals in July. Thanks.

Thanks for the food cheryl & greg

Thanks gary for bringing some friends

Thanks dad for bringing me

Austin

ok i know this is a old thread. but we are planning on heading back to the lake june the 15th. so everyone is welcome to join us in the fun. directions is posted up above.

Back