Southeast GM Turbo6 Cookout - June 15 - Jordan Lake, NC

Cheryl vent all you need too. Your a good person and it's fine by me if you need to let off some steam.

Sammy

WH1 Doll & Kh440...You two have whipped up the drama in this thread. I had already said "sorry" for the comment, publicly.The ONLY way either of you should find my comment offensive is if you happen to fall into the deadbeat father category, and if you do there is still No excuse for NOT taking care of your kids or being a part of their lives. I was NOT referring to anyone even remotely involved with our group, & MOST people reading the comment realized that & did not find it offensive.
All of our events were planned out and dates were designated at an event early in the year(Feb) & posted on the Yahoo board calendar in Feb unless noted as TBD. I don't recall your being there and giving input on event dates.
Some of us have spent a good deal of our own time, $$$ and opened up our homes & businesses to the group on a frequent basis for everyone to be able to BE a group. Some folks here have spent a lot of their own $$$, spare parts & free time to keep other members cars running.If getting offended by a comment that doesn't concern you is your ONLY contribution to the group, then you need to stay home in the AC because you might get offended by us talking politics or other general news, or the fact that I brought beef hotdogs to the cookout instead of pork.
My comment was no more or less than a lot of peoples signature quotes, I hope you don't go harass every board member with signature quotes if their views don't match yours.
As for our location for the meet, I had already posted on yahoo board that our alternate location would be the boat drop parking lot & use tables & grills at the beach. I did take into consideration that a Father's Day Sunday may be a bit more crowded in the park.

why don't we all stop arguing about this.i did not find this comment offensive due to the fact my dad is one. why cant we all be friends.

Hi Korey,

I think you should ask Shane to change you account name to NCFieroKid now :tongue:

Congratulations on your very first car!

Hi Korey,

I think you should ask Shane to change you account name to NCFieroKid now :tongue:

Congratulations on your very first car!

ive thought about but i dont know if im going to.thanks for the congrats its suppost to be here tomorrow.i will post pics in the members rides section and on my myspace.

Eric I am not going to agree or disagree with you on that, nor do I really want to get into a scrap with you about anything for that matter. She happens to be a close friend of mine, and even if she does not know when to "cool it", I don't exactly disagree with her on her underlying point, poorly worded as it may have been. Long and short of it: this has gotten entirely out of hand and enough is enough already.

Thanks eric. 6 weeks post surgery and still in remission! BTW: final figures still being adjusted but minimum payout total for BPG is going to be in excess of 12,000. Come up and try to win a piece of it.....

Thanks eric. 6 weeks post surgery and still in remission! BTW: final figures still being adjusted but minimum payout total for BPG is going to be in excess of 12,000. Come up and try to win a piece of it.....

That's great news Kevin! I'm glad your kicking it's a$$. Currently I'm cashed out due to new heads for the GN, but I may be financially recouped by then.

That's great news Kevin! I'm glad your kicking it's a$$. Currently I'm cashed out due to new heads for the GN, but I may be financially recouped by then.

Thanks again..still get sick for no obvious reason on occasion but better than where I was no doubt. Know how you feel, some grey area as to whether I get my beastie done in time for Columbus and compete for the alky class honors...but there's always the JCC golf cart race if nothing else.....

Any chances that there will be just a pump gas class there @ BPG? with no alky.

also what is the rules on the alky class? heads up? race weight? etc. i might be interested in getting SloGN drunk again on some e-85 in the alky class :D

Any chances that there will be just a pump gas class there @ BPG? with no alky.

also what is the rules on the alky class? heads up? race weight? etc. i might be interested in getting SloGN drunk again on some e-85 in the alky class :D

As of today at least, my understanding is that there are two "open" bracket classes. Tech requirements more along the lines of safety (driveshaft loops, seat belts, etc) but other than that it will pretty much be anything goes.

The alcohol class being tossed around the board will be geared towards street cars. (no race-built and prepped cars). Rules are still being discussed but the upshot is: stock, full bodied cars, stock style suspension, full interior, working lights,windows, etc, all engine accessories intact and street-legal tires. We do have sponsorship money lined up, the trick is going to be getting the cars there. If/when we get the details ironed out formal announcements will be posted.

Alky class is defintely a go this year, so far 12 cars promised to attend and counting. Final rules and tech requirements are being discussed but it will be pretty close to what I outlined above-namely street-legal cars and DOT tires. More concrete information as it becomes available......

kev

Kevin, Hope you are feeling better after surgery. Haven't been around much.Working hard. Hope everything turns out well.Be good dude.:biggrin:

Kevin, Hope you are feeling better after surgery. Haven't been around much.Working hard. Hope everything turns out well.Be good dude.:biggrin:

Thanks Andy; so far so good. Between work, school and BPG don't have a lot of time these days either.

so how's the turnout looking? Please add two more to the guest list! Hey Cheryl, if you need me to bring something, please let me know. I am thinking of picking up one of those big pre-cut veggie plates (unless someone else is already brining one) Hopefully the picnic shelter is available!:cool:

Greg! Our NC prodigal son! Glad you're coming out tomorrow.No one else has mentioned a veggie platter, so bring it on. Not real sure on count, but somewhere between 10-30 vehicles expected. If the shelter should happen to be already reserved, we can STILL take the backside of the parking lot & cook at the beach grills! See ya tomorrow