Jordan Lake -May 6th - ISTA@Vista & GN/TType

NCTyphoon

It's that time of the year again! Our bi-annual Jordan Lake ISTA@Vista w/GNTType is planned for May 6th! Time is slated for 11am until. Charcoal, plates, condiments will be provided. Bring ya a couple of burgers to throw on the grill, and a drink.

For those who have never been,Jordan Lake is about 30 minutes west of Raleigh off of Hwy 64, here's the directions to Vista Point Access:

From Raleigh/Apex area) - Take Hwy 64 West towards Pittsboro. Pass the other lake accesses. You will come to a stoplight on Hwy 64 at the intersection of North Pearidge Church Road. (You will see a Citgo station on your right, Vista Point Market on your left,you will also see a brown state park sign)Turn left onto N. Pearidge. Stay straight, you will come to the park entrance. After entering the park, stay straight, we will be at the last shelter on the left. It is just before you reach the parking lot for the boating ramps. The shelter has a nice seculded parking lot, with 2 entrances. So if you miss it and get to the boat ramps, just turn around and go to the 1st drive on your right!
From Pittsboro area - Take Hwy 64 East towards Apex/Raleigh. You will come to a stoplight on Hwy 64 at the intersection of North Pearidge Church Road. (You will see a Citgo station on your left, Vista Point Market on your right, you will also see a brown state park sign)Turn right onto N. Pearidge. Stay straight, you will come to the park entrance. After entering the park, stay straight, we will be at the last shelter on the left. It is just before you reach the parking lot for the boating ramps. The shelter has a nice seculded parking lot, with 2 entrances. So if you miss it and get to the boat ramps, just turn around and go to the 1st drive on your right!
Any questions feel free to email me. Hope to see everyone there.

Jordan Lake

Had a great time at Jordan Lake. Got to meet some of the guys and gals from out east. Great food... hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, Key Lime Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake just to name a few. Had quite a few cars that showed up, lots of them damn black looking things with them hairdryers on em :biggrin: Had a Ty and a SY there as well as a buick powered Malibu. Kewl looking. I hope we all get together again some time in a few weeks and meet up at Kinston Dragway (will have to call in sick at the Farm :cool: ) Don't tell nobody. It was good to meet all the nice folks (and you to Pat), to get to hang out and talk cars with everyone (and you to Pat). I hope to see everyone shortly (except for you Pat) :biggrin:

Click here for the Pics

Thanks for the pics and video clips! The turnout was excellent! Great bunch of folks! Nice to meet a few more people I hadn't seen before.If you guys had stayed a while longer, Alonzo & his wife made it out in the GNX Clone also. We all stayed until about 5:30!
The car "showing" didn't stop at the lake! While cruising down Hwy 64 through Siler City, we(Pat, Korey & I) stumbled upon a Saturday night cruise-in at a Rib Restaurant. We decided to pull in and show all those street rodders & late 60 early 70's muscle cars what a Turbo Regal was. We had folks checking out the cars from before we could even get parked! We stayed there til about 9:15! Met a guy who came in with a super nice 69 Road Runner, come to find out he also owns an 87 GN! So we're recruiting him to the Yahoo Group!
Long day, but i think once again everyone had a good time!
So where we going for June????

Just want to take a minute and thank Cheryl and Mel for the great food that was at the lake gathering. I also want to Thank everyone that came out and enjoyed the nice cars and trucks. I hope that our next gathering we can have just as big of turn out of cars and trucks.

So guys and gals where is our next gathering going to be. besides the ones going to BG.

Vernon, mel, andy, alonzo, and vernon's nephew Thanks for making the long haul to the lake.

Vernon you got a Sweet Hybrid :) i'm envious.

lake jordan

Had a great time at the lake.Good to see everyone.Food was good,(thanks,cheryl&mel)and there was no rain this time.Good to see so many cars. Hope we can keep this trend.Thanks to clint for taking pics and posting them.Also a big thanks to vernon for the movie on the way there.That was cool!!! :biggrin: Hope i can make the next gathering.Everyone take care and be good.
Andy

sorry I missed it, but it would have been a little bit too long of a drive for me... :frown:

Pictures of Cars/Cookout

It was great seeing all you intercooled guys out at Jordan Lake (Yeah, even Clint with that nice Intrepid)

Here's a link to the pictures that Matt took.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2347276

Special thanks to Cheryl and Mel for the eats!

esinger said:
It was great seeing all you intercooled guys out at Jordan Lake (Yeah, even Clint with that nice Intrepid...

Hey :mad: What do you guys have against the fat guy with the 4 door green car?? Y'all just mad cause you can't spin the front tires I guess :biggrin:

Sorry I missed it. I had forgot Andy told me about it. I'll try to make the next one. Maybe we can get something together for East of Raleigh sometime soon? Also sorry I missed Mel's ribs. :)

OneLethal87GN said:
Sorry I missed it. I had forgot Andy told me about it. I'll try to make the next one. Maybe we can get something together for East of Raleigh sometime soon? Also sorry I missed Mel's ribs. :)

have you got that trans straighten out yet. also who was with you @ KDS when i came down.

i can't even remember your name.

yes you missed a great day to be at the lake dude.

SloGN said:
yes you missed a great day to be at the lake dude.

definitely, the sun was shining, Cheryl and Mel did a great job on the grille, and Clint left early: couln't ask for more than that!!!!!! :D