You can type here any text you want

its alive! and thanks to all the help to my questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 got boost

Yes, I had a smoke issue w/ turbo- finally resolved.;)
When I had rebuilt, I had bearings installed, which use less oil than the journal bushings.
My turbo oil line going in was a -6 TOO BIG, and -10 out.
Ordered this .060 restrictor fitting WOW TOO SMALL, but drilled out 7/32 about the opening of the inside of -3 line, Its perfect...
took her for a ride today, filled up w/ some go go juice and on my way, but like allways the cops have like GPS on this car,
''rays pulling out of the garage go get him''...
Well he said 65 in a 45, I said imposible Im driving slow I dont have a speedo, (damn digital cluster) he says well the ride before i pulled u over u were only going 38, see! I say, The officer let me off on a warning and bull****ted w/ me for 15 min. telling me how much he liked the car, I popped the hood for him He LOVED it...:biggrin:
I told him I get pulled over in this car evertime I get less than a mile from the house ( which I was) for loud exhaust, he laughed and said no way, that sounds good,
those farting cars he hates, says there annoying...
told me to get back on the road and finish the ride and was sorry he bothered me.
It was kinda cool to see a cop actually be humble...
Moral of the story is, she runs good and no smoke, yay!
Thanks to all the help, from the crappy questions I asked, and all the fast replies, and the non ignorant answers...
THANK U, ray

Glad to see you came out good on both, when was your car smoking, mine smokes after it gets hot, and you shut it off, when you fire it up it blows smoke. Could i have to much oil to trubo?

Congrats on getting back on the road smoke free, and for being lucky enough to run into a friendly cop.

Started to smoke 2 min after u start, bad! but the braided line I bought was restricted, yes bran new was -8 and the inside liner was folded.
So I ran out to local speed shop and put together a -10 line.

Now your problem sounds like what I had before, a valve seal had come loose, would not smoke till it got hot, or when I came to a stop a few seconds later it was like someone poured water on hot coals than went away until u pulled away and I got puff.
get a chance pull the DP back and see if u have oil on the exh. impeller side
also make sure breathers are clean, and PCV is working properly, use a known GM PCV do not buy jeneric, 1 out of 5 are good.
U want a -3 to -4 line feeding turbo, and -10 comng out w/ as little bends as possible and flowing downward not horizontal.
Also found that high heat would cause the oil to cake up in the viens for oiling the turbo, but thats if u had too less of flow going through...
Like garrett BB turbos say not to exceed 30psi oil press. through turbo or you'll leak oil past the ring...
Another thing make sure oil is not on the intake side, check throttlebody and inside of plenum is not wet this would mean PCV is sucking oil...
HTH, ray

Back