You can type here any text you want

It's alive!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I finally started the car today after pulling the engine out last sept. Ran great no noise from anything.

Have a couple of questions though. I did have a couple of problems and I need some advice. The new rad I put in had small leaks in the fins so I started the car and ran it for about 10mins at 3000-3500rpm before I noticed that we were starting to lose coolant from there since I was trying to pay attention to all the oil pressure and check for leaks and other stuff (Not to mention the header paint just burning off causing smoke silly paint). After the 10mins we shut it down.

Sooooo is the 10mins good enough for a break in for the engine. Should I just flush the oil and run the next set of oil for about 500miles or so before I change it or should I try to redo the break in procedure?

Basicly the motor is a stoke bore 109 with a hone new rings, bearings, new comp cam, roller rockers and a set of champion irons. Plus all the go fast goodies.

Oil pressure was a solid 70-80 psi the whole run time.

This is the first buick V6 I ever put together and I am really happy it worked out real good!

Thanks Brandon!

it should be ok but next time only run it at 1800 to 2000 rpm 3000 to 3500 is way to much you just need enough to get off idle

Hard to tell exactly how high it was my dad couldn't see the tach line LOL. I would guess it was around 3000rpm by the sound, but than again it was open exhaust.

I still have to look into a couple of things. The ses light was on and the car wouldn't hold and idle when I tried to bring it down? I'm gonna swap the rad out change the oil and play with some stuff and put my scan tool on it.

Hard to tell exactly how high it was my dad couldn't see the tach line LOL. I would guess it was around 3000rpm by the sound, but than again it was open exhaust.

I still have to look into a couple of things. The ses light was on and the car wouldn't hold and idle when I tried to bring it down? I'm gonna swap the rad out change the oil and play with some stuff and put my scan tool on it.

good luck

Back