Its Turbo Buick Calendar Time Again!

Bump...........:cool:

Todd is nice enough to do this again this year, Make sure you send in your pics by October 31st.

Copyied his post from TP6.com

Its Turbo Buick Calendar Time!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I have decided to do the calendars again this year. For you newbies, for the past 4 years I have put together the only (that I know of) Turbo Buick calendar. All turbo buick powered products are eligible, including TTAs, and hybrids. The way we usually do it, is everyone that wants to submits a picture to me with the proper info. I will then put up a website with thumbnails of the pics and everyone votes on their top picks. The top ones end up in the calendar. Please follow the rules when submitting pics, and everyone stays happy. You should get a reply from me saying I have accepted your picture and info this year. Good luck! I will open submissions up now, and close submissions at Midnight CST, on October 31st. That gives you over 4 weeks to get a good pic, or to get a picture scanned and emailed. Contact me off list if you have a photo and want me to scan it.

1) Pictures MUST be of a turbo buick powered vehicle. Traditional ones that win do NOT have people in the pictures, and are of the cars in a nice background scene, in a forest preserve or similiar area. Not with your house/dog/mother-in-law in the background, or in the parking lot at local McDonalds with a rusty Dodge Coronet next to it. Also, the winners are usually a complete car, from bumper to bumper in the picture. Submit what you want, I am just trying to help on that.
2) Pictures must be AT LEAST 1280 x 1024 (1.3 Megapixel) resolution this year... The larger the better, I prefer JPEG format for easy emailing, but I can convert.
3) --> Rule change... Each submitter must choose only ONE picture PER CAR to submit. If you own 3 Turbo Powered cars, you can submit 3 pics, one of each car. DO NOT SEND IN MULTIPLE PICTURES OF THE SAME CAR. Pick the ONE you like the best, or I will just have to reject the submission. Sorry - Just PICK ONE - please! It avoids the issue of the same car dominating the calendar if someone is good with the camera.
4) Please send in the pic with the following info:

Name: (your name, or the name of the car)
City, State: (preferred, state at least should still protect privacy)
Year, Make Model:
Mod list:
Timeslip: (if you have one - or Dyno HP numbers)

You can use first name and state if you don't want any details published
5) The number 1 voted picture submitter will get a free calendar. I am also giving a free calendar to the 2 important T6P people, and I will give Jay 3 calendars to raffle off on this site.
6) My decision is final on all disputes (we have never had a dispute, but I like saying that. )

Please submit pics ONLY to

Turbocalendar@sbcglobal.net

DO NOT send pics anywhere else or it will not get entered into the contest....

Further info, the calendars are printed on 24# paper, full color, GBC plastic comb bound, printed this year on my new Xerox 2400DPI Color Laser Printer. The top of the page is an 7 x 10 (or so) picture of a winning entry, the bottom is a full page calendar with thumbnails of the entries that didn't win.

Everyones submission will be in the calendar somewhere. The 12 winners, 1 winner for the cover page, and the thumbnails for all the rest of the entries.

Calendars this year will be $20 each, shipped to you first class mail. Makes a great Holiday present. Calendars should be available to start shipping by the first week of December. You will be able to pay by money order, or paypal. I never take anyones money until I am ready to ship and have the product in hand. (Bet you never thought anybody did that anymore!)

Thanks all :)

Todd,

I have a 1280x960 pic of my GN that I think would be really good for the calendar, can I squeak by on the resolution limit?

Todd

I think this is a great service you provide for the Buick Community. I will make this a sticky until you get the pictures you need to complete 2005. :cool:

Todd I've been taking pictures all summer for this! :) I'm sure I have a few you might like! Thanks again for putting together this great calendar! :D e-mail on the way...

1280 is OK. Its just historically, the better quality of the submitted pictures, the better they look blown up to 8x10 in calendar - (obviously. ;) )

Thanks all, I really enjoy doing this, looking forward to another great one this year.

Remember too, I don't mind doing 1 off calendars for people if they send me 13 pics of their own car. If you buy like 5 or so of them.

My favorite one each year is picking the pictures out of my kids we have taken all year. Then I make a calendar we give to grand parents, uncles, aunts, etc..... Makes a great little "extra" to give during the Holidays.

Thanks everybody....

They should be ready first week of December, that is my usual target date. Price will be $20 shipped again. ( I have to put the $1000 for the toner and paper on a credit card this year.... :( ) Anywho, just keep watching and submitting pictures. Voting in November, shipping in December!

BTW - I almost forgot to mention, if any Turbo Buick related businesses want banner ads in the calendar, just send me a banner and promise to buy a few calendars and I will include it....

The four web-related boards (tb.com, tb s.com, t6p.com, gnttype.org) are automatically included for the service they provide the community (what can I say, I love everybody ;) )

Send this info to me directly! - todd@toddware.com

DEADLINE EXTENSION>

All right, I will extend the deadline for another week in an effort to let you procrastinators get in some pics! HURRY!

You have until Sunday November 7th to submit!

Todd, did you get the pic of my rosewood doing a burnout? I scrambled last night trying to get it to you, and sent it from a buddy's computer. Just want to make sure it got to you alright.

Part of the reason for the extension is the fact I cannot do anything on the calendar stuff this week. between the election, kids doctor appointments and computer jobs, I am fully booked up. So, since I cannot start the voting yet, I figured I would give the few that BEGGED me for an extension until next week.

Todd

And here I thought you were just being a nice guy. :)

Thanks Todd. Can't wait to vote on something REALLY important.

I am glad that I already got my picture sent in. Did you get alot of entries? Is the voting on for turbobuick member or can anyone with a valid e-mail vote? I also wanted to thank you for doing this for us. Good luck to everyone. They make a great Christmas gift.