You can type here any text you want

I've been searching for cam info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I bought a Precision stealth turbo from another board member. I would like input on which roller cam and injectors that would compliment my turbo.
It's a 68.5 mm compressor wheel, P-trim and E-cover.

I'm still looking at converter options too. The turbo requires at least a 3400 stall. The previous owner has a stroker, so I didn't bug him about his set up.

My goals would include an enjoyable cruiser with a few times at the track a year.

I have Alky, 36 lb injectors, power plate, TT chip, dutt neck intercooler, no cat, nice dual exhaust, scanmaster, AEM wideband and an Accufab FPR. I believe that's about it for now.

I called Precision, but they don't give cam advice. Called a forum vendor, but was kept on hold for too long. They must be busy, not complaining, good for them.

I know the turbo is too big for my current configuration. Can I make it work effectively with cam, injector, chip, stall and not have a slug down low?

Thanks

Unless you are going to run more injector you wont be able to get more than about 60% of the available power that turbo can produce. It would be a waste to run a 3000 stall and run low boost with a p trim turbo. You would be better off with something a lot smaller or run more injector, octane, and boost and make a lot more power. Leave the cam alone unless you are planning on cranking it up. No more than 212 duration even if you plan on running it for all its worth.

Thanks for the response. I was told to call Racetronics and check to see if they thought 60 lb'ers would fit my application.

If I left the factory cam alone and bought a stall converter what kind of boost # are we talking about running?

What combo does it take to use this turbo?

Thats what I'm looking for too. Quick and great street manners.
You have ported irons right? Is this the cam 210/215 .516/.516 110 L/S ? What kind and stall are you running? I'm not opposed to head/cam work. Just trying to figure out what combo makes this work.

Thanks again

Ported irons, full throttle 210/215, Precision Vigilante 0 pump (stalls around 3000). You will need to do heads/cam with that turbo. With stock heads/cam, a TE44 will make the same power, and spool alot faster.

Back