You can type here any text you want

I've lost the effect....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
well, we all make the trade off... sleeper-ness for performance, and since I have added my 3" ATR single shot and a hooker test pipe, I seem to get less challenges. I love the sound and the thing spools like crazy, but now the intimidation factor is present. The only thing I missed about my modded 5.0 Mustang was the sound, and now that the Buford is making some noise, I'm willing to let it go. Excuse me, I must go set off the neighbor's car alarm again...while at idle :(

I feel your pain. I have the feeling my pickings are going to go from slim to none when I get my car back from having a roll bar and SFI seatbelts installed. :(

How about one of those electric cut-out valves so you can be quiet and get challenged, then flip the switch and watch them try to weasel out of racing?

J

My challenges seemed to drop off after I changed from the stock rims to the Convo pros. Go figure.

Heck, today I was just BEGGING this white Stang GT to run me, and he wanted none of it. C'mon pal, it's really not that fast.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 87natl
My challenges seemed to drop off after I changed from the stock rims to the Convo pros. Go figure.

Heck, today I was just BEGGING this white Stang GT to run me, and he wanted none of it. C'mon pal, it's really not that fast.:rolleyes:

I havent gotten many challenges in my WH-1. I guess because noone around here know what it is. Its got the Hooker exhaust on it, but I got a "Jesse James" sidepipe kit in the works:D. I guess everyone thinks my car is grandpa's grocery getter, but it aint. Oh well. I cant afford any fines anyway.

Scott

I can't catch a race for the life of me in the TTA. The 02 WS6 never a problem (And that bastard is LOUD!). But when i'm out in the TTA forget it. I have an ATR 3 inch downpipe, external ATR wastegate, test pipe, and ATR catback and from what my friends tell me the turbo spool is very evident out back. For the longest time the closest to a race I got would have been against an Eclipse GS-T. He was in back of me at a U Turn (He had changed course to follow me into it) and I figured we would line up at the next light. I came out of the U Turn at barely even half throttle, spooled up to around 10# of boost and he didn't come near me at all for the rest of the night.

The Mustangs around here I would have expected to race but I couldn't get one of them anywhere near me either.

Then on another night an older man and his wife in a really really nice 50's Thunderbird droptop pulled up to me to compliment me on the car at a light. I complimented his back and he nailed it off the line and I took off past him at half throttle like he was in reverse. We beeped and waved and I headed on home. ONLY race i've ever gotten. And now i'm making it quicker! Oh the joy of it all. I need a cutout in the test pipe next. :D

I get the same stuff.A mustang gets close and then hears the sound and backs off.I cant get a race if I pay someone.

You just need to get a known "slow" car(iroc, 5.slow, etc..) and put a Turbo 3.8 in it.

That works pretty well. Well, until they know who and what you have ;)

I hear you I have weld wheels on the car now with some et streets and no one wants to race. I was behind this sweet slp camaro ss ls1 that wouldn't even think about pressing the gas followed him for atleast a couple of miles and nothing. Then like 10 min their was a lighting behind me that wouldn't even go when I acelerated. What gives with these people? Who cares if you lose it is fun to race.

Back