JE Pistons

S

SUFFRN6

I am about to order new JE Pistons and am not sure of what weight pistons to order. I can get either lightweight or heavyweight pistons. What would be the best to buy for a street car that will see some track time (2-3 times a year). What would you reccomend that I go with. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Chris :confused:

Lightweight pistons are better from what I've heard cause it's less rotating mass which = less stress on the motor. Whatever you decide whether it be heavyweight or lightweight make sure you get forged pistons cause a guy down here used those cast replacement pistons and lets just say he's building the motor again:eek:

Thanks for your input. The pistons that I do order are going to be forged for sure haven't heard many good things about the cast pistons. I am going to order the lightweight ones in the morning. Thaks again. Chris :)

je pistons are forged billet aluminum.
i belive that the heavy pistons require no ballancing of the recripacating assembly.
but if i had a motor that was going to see tha added expense of the je's (vs trw ) i would ballance either opf those pistons.
do the light ones get the added performance.