You can type here any text you want

Jet Recommendation?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JLockhart

Just getting started with building my first kit, and I could use a little help with a starting point on an alcohol jet. Instead of an nitrous jet, I'd like to go with an Aquamist or McMaster Carr jet for better atomization. Probably Aquamist.

Here's the combo:

2.3 liter, mostly stock engine, T3 / T4 set at 22 psi currently, but I would like to go 25+ psi and have fuel system to support it. I plan on setting the boost turn-on point at 15 psi (I don't need it until 20 psi, but this will give me a safety margin). I'm looking to spray a lot so I can go with really high boost, but of course I don't want to bog.

I plan on starting with pump pressure around 80 psi and adjusting up or down as needed.

Here are the aquamist jets with flow rates. Flow rates are at 5 bar which is a little less than the pressure differential I would be running:

0.4mm: 120cc/m
0.5mm: 150cc/m
0.6mm: 175cc/m
0.7mm: 195cc/m
0.8mm: 215cc/m

Thanks!

The only thing I dont like about the aquamist jets is the fact they use a push on line. Lots use them, I just like the use of fittings for pressure lines myself.

As far as your jetting..you will probably need to get 400-500 CC's to start with if you plan on running anything aggressive.

I run over 800 CC's with a 3.8 liter motor. So two aquamist jets.

The pressure you will have to play with. And being its a small motor it will tend to flood easier, so controlling the pump should be looked at.

I'd use a single M7 or M10 Hago nozzle and tune the pump in.

Thanks. Didn't notice or consider that the Aquamist jets are push-on. I think I will go with fittings just in case, since my motor will be depending on the alcohol once I push the boost up. Next newbie question, what is a HAGO nozzle, and where could I get one?

how far

So if I have a .4mm and a .5mm aquamist jets How far will that take me? I have a te-62 I don't plan on running alot of boost right now. So I would asume from the other postings That,

0.4mm: 120cc/m
0.5mm: 150cc/m

would get me 270cc/m I tried to convert this to gph but I am not a math guy and not good a any math formuals.

I should be able to run at least 1-2 pounds more with the two .4 and .5 nozzels right?

Thanks for any imput..

About .040" in flow.

Similar to an M10.

Do a search and simple calculations for the exact sizes.

Or convert your own flow rates to what folks use normally, also found in a search.

I used a M10 and M15 with my TA62 and about 70 psi. pressure with the SMC pump.

M15 triggered at 22psi. M10 around 11psi.

25psi. boost 20* timing.

With the Shurflo you could probably duplicate that boost.

Lots of folks staging aquamist nozzles successfully also. :)

Back