You can type here any text you want

Jobs in Florida?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

Hello I am a GN owner from Canada,I was wondering if their is much work for licensed mechanics in Florida.I would prefer a dealership ,however other places may be of interest.I worked 12 years at a mopar dealer.I am thinking of relocating somewhere warm as my gn does not like the cold.Thanx in advance

tons of car dealers in fla. you shouldnt have any problem at all finding a job in a bigger city. GOOD LUCK!!

JD

Florida

There's a ton of jobs here in Florida for good mechanics, and a good mechanic is hard to find anymore. You won't have a problem finding a job here, but you may want to make sure wherever you work isn't too "hot" for you! A lot of garages here get pretty warm and use big fans to cool off the shop areas. Some garages and dealership service areas are air-conditioned, but you may want to call and make sure before applying. That's only if the heat is going to bother you....

I used to be certified ASE mechanic, and used to work for Pep Boys here in Florida. I did well, and the pay you should average will be between 12-20 dollars an hour. If you hustle and do side-work, (which we all used to do) we know that you can make whatever your heart desires. Nuff said. // :wink:

Also, I wanted to let you know if you know a little Spanish this would be very helpful for business for you all the way around, especially here in Florida. So many times a translator was always needed to deal with customers and people needing and wanting work done on their cars. And don't let the people fool you who say, you gotta speak english only. Being bilingual is a big plus (even if you know just basic spanish words to get by), and makes for big $$$ if you know how to wheel and deal.

Good Luck
Mike in Tampa, Florida (Wireless Engineer here in lovely Hurricane Land) :)

The unemployment rate in Fl is under 3%. EVERYONE is looking for help. I work in the auto finance world all over west Fl. If you have a city in mind let me know and I can get you a list of MOPAR dealers so you can send your resume in.

Back