You can type here any text you want

Just another F- Body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Red Regal T

It's been quite a while since I had what you call a race. I drive my car quite a bit but I never make any bonzai passes. Every Saturday night, nothing around, nothing happens, but then, I'm not allowed out late. :(

I run across this Trans Am, actually driving fast. :rolleyes: Latest body style but I can't tell the model years on those things. So I catch up to him. I figure I'm going to blow by him from a punch, but with three tries, from at least 50 or better, we stay side by side with him inching forward. I was kind of surprised. :eek:

I really don't consider a run from a roll as a win or a loss, but most of the time, it's the only opportunity I get. Running from a roll is just an indicator. After all, with our boxy cars, it gives your opponent unfair advantage.

As luck would have it, we finally caught a light together. As we waited for the light to change, he looks over and says my car is fast. I'm not sure if he was pulling my chain or not. I tell him, "now we'll see." I really didn't know what to expect because of the punch runs and it has been so long since I had a run from a light, I didn't know what the car would do.

When the light went green, I just came out from idle and made a steady push to WOT maybe stopping at half pedal for an instant and then going to the floor. I could hear him babying the TA out due to wheel spin and before we got across the intersection I pulled two cars on him. I get pretty good bite on the street with my Sumitomo HTRZ tires. My car short shifted into 2nd but he wasn't pulling on me and about halfway through 2nd, unlike on the punch runs, I flipped my convertor lock-up switch to give me a little extra. I stayed in it to over a hundred and he wasn't gaining any ground from his two cars back.

I didn't have an opportunity for any more contact with the TA owner, but I'm sure I ruined his night. :D

Nice kill. I just picked up a pair of Sumitomos for the back, just curious what tire pressure do you keep them at? Do you keep them the same for the street and the track?

I run them somewhere around 25 PSI so they don't wear out the middle first. They still have a tendency to wear in the middle with my 8" rims. I'm too lazy to mess with the tire pressures for street and strip. Traction at the track seems to depend on track prep. Last time I went, there was no prep and I couldn't get out any quicker than 2.3 60s........"consistently". :rolleyes:

Back