Just aquired new 86 gn

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
How can I identify if it has different injectors or a ecu chip?

Guy I got it from didn't know!

For the chip just remove the ecu is located on the passenger side super easy to remove just take out the kick panel 1 bolt. Then take out the cover plate 2 bolts and take a look at the chip. For the injectors take a close look for a part number.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Alright will do

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here

Attachments

• 1404793839480.jpg
    1404793839480.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 170
  • 1404793857909.jpg
    1404793857909.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 172
With all the hacked up stuff in that engine compartment, I have a feeling the guy you don't know, doesn't really know much about working on GNs.

My advice is to assume EVERYTHING is wrong, and go through it one by one, until you've put your hands on everything and made sure it's right.

I went thru the same thing when I bought mine! The guy "claims" he didn't know much about it & hardly ever drove it or done anything to it in a two year span. When I got it home, it was all jacked up. Things unhooked, stuff not working, missing parts, etc... Luckily I got a good deal on it & it was low mileage. But Ive literally put my hands on everything on the car & replaced or fixed as Earlbrown mentioned. Now it's running a whole lot better. Sucks cuz it took me a few months, but u gotta do it.

Maybe just some advice from a person that's been through fixing issues. Before worrying about the performane chips and injector, get all that wiring fixed up, finish the brake system put back together and assess your performance situation after you have something somewhat reliable and roadworthy.

Maybe just some advice from a person that's been through fixing issues. Before worrying about the performane chips and injector, get all that wiring fixed up, finish the brake system put back together and assess your performance situation after you have something somewhat reliable and roadworthy.
X2^^^

It's because of that ugly grill. Same psycho-logical angle and beating up the redheaded (male) stepchild. :D

That car needs to be introduced to someone that knows how to recognize goofy stuff that's out of place. It's gong to be a money pit out of the gate, but if done right, it will be a good car. If it's half assed and blown to bits, it'll be a parts car or a 'project'.

Not going to be half assed at all but prepared for the money to go into it