Just bought a 86/87 ECM for my 84 t type

What do I need to change with the new ECM ? I ordered a chip from turbo tweak. Do I need to change anything else?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I believe you need to add an intake air temp sender I have one added to my 84 by previous owner

if you didn't get one from a T Type or GN, you will need to swap the smaller chip from your stock ecm to the new ecm... then just plug in the TT chip, put the whole thing in the car, and you are good to go..

What about the maf sensor ? Do I need a 86/87 maf?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I guess people did have problems in the cold if they didnt switch their maf to 86/87, but just yesterday I switched my '85 ECM to the 86/87, the car started right up fine and drove fine with the stock '85 maf. So maybe in the future if you have problems you should change it, or once the maf is holding you back performance wise.

Like I said my car is fine right now

I guess people did have problems in the cold if they didnt switch their maf to 86/87, but just yesterday I switched my '85 ECM to the 86/87, the car started right up fine and drove fine with the stock '85 maf. So maybe in the future if you have problems you should change it, or once the maf is holding you back performance wise.

Like I said my car is fine right now
The car will run way too rich with the 84-85 MAF when using the 86-87 ECM. It needs to be changed.

I believe you need to add an intake air temp sender I have one added to my 84 by previous owner
You will need the MAT (sometimes referred to as the IAT) unless Eric has written the MAT out of the chip. Caspers makes an add on harness for the MAT and also a harness for converting to electric fans if you so choose.

The car will run way too rich with the 84-85 MAF when using the 86-87 ECM. It needs to be changed.

my car runs great and gets slightly better fuel economy with the new ecm and my stock MAF... but i did specify that it was the stock MAF when i ordered the TT chip, so maybe he programmed for it?

My scan master readings are in my thread, I believe the car is still too lean, but it is stock no Hotwire kit installed yet, no fuel pressure regulator either. I have the translator coming in the mail, do I also need to buy a harness to hook it up to a lt1 or ls1 maf?

The translator will have the correct harness for the LT1/LS1 MAF. I'd go through the vacuum leak/exhaust leak check and get that fuel pump hotwired, and an adjustable fpr if your budget allows...then you will have a better idea where the car is at for fuel...