You can type here any text you want

Just Curious about Max HP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WhiskeyGN

Does anyone know what the max horsepower you can get (and boost you can push) on a stock 3.8 without even pullin' off the valve covers (i.e. without doing motor work)? Just curious to hear the answers.:cool:

with aftermarket turbo i would guess around 375-400 on a well tuned, well taken care of motor.

My car was making @ 400 at the motor with the stock turbo and motor @20lbs. I had good 3" exhaust, a PTE front mount, and 4" air intake.

A good fuel system & good flowing exhaust with a descent convertor & tt chip & ur mid 12's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have been looking but Can;t find answers to these (2) questions. (1) What is the Max HP a stock block can handle and (2) what is the Max Boost a stock block/heads/gaskets ect can handle. Thanks for any and all help on this.

Stock block can go well into the 9's with a good crank, billet mains or girdle. The stock short block will go mid to low 10's with a good tune. Stock headgaskets can handle 30psi+ with good gas. 20psi on crap gas will blow them.

Back