You can type here any text you want

Just finished new enclosure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
Just did this one for a coworker to replace his with less than 6 cu ft for 6
12's:rolleyes: 8.7 cuft now and tuned to 34.95hz.:cool:

Attachments

• dexsubbox 005.jpg
    dexsubbox 005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 293
  • dexsubbox 006.jpg
    dexsubbox 006.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 282
'93 S-10 Blazer 4dr. Logic MDX 12's. 2000 watt(it says) amp,don't know what brand. My son was real excited about the picture.

'93 S-10 Blazer 4dr. Logic MDX 12's. 2000 watt(it says) amp,don't know what brand. My son was real excited about the picture.

That should move some air, looks well built, do you have extra internal bracing for the sake of ridgity and low flex w/ so much cone movement attached to one face?

bracing

Here's a pic where you can see the braces.

Attachments

• dexsubbox 007.jpg
    dexsubbox 007.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 253
Thanks Gary. Got some on another site saying it will have port noise cuz the port doesn't fit a "magic ratio" of the box cuft to port area. But one says 1:8 max and one says 1:12. It falls in around 1:10.8. Gofigure...lol.
But he has what he wants and thats all that maters.

Thanks Gary. Got some on another site saying it will have port noise cuz the port doesn't fit a "magic ratio" of the box cuft:port area. But one says 1:8 max and one says 1:12. It falls in around 1:10.8. Gofigure...lol.
But he has what he wants and thats all that maters.

the only port "noise" will come from not routering the port ends.ports/slot vents can be any size/shape as long as its the right cubic inch and length are close/correct..... looks good to me;) i know you're a pro now,you've learned the most valuable thing; the customer is right.we can only guide/suggest our opinions.

the only port "noise" will come from not routering the port ends.ports/slot vents can be any size/shape as long as its the right cubic inch and length are close/correct..... looks good to me;) i know you're a pro now,you've learned the most valuable thing; the customer is right.we can only guide/suggest our opinions.

You got that crap right, I've installed more junk in great enclosures, and been forced to under built projects because of budget issues, its good to hear occasionally someone knows quality costs, and just says "do it".

i love the very few customers that walks in and says; " this is what i want,(i trust you/your work),call me when its done"............theres not alot of that business anymore....

That should piss quite a few people off....;)

sometimes the truth hurts:eek: somehow ive got the "knack" for that...i dont mean to ,but i just do......i tell my customers; "i wont tell you what you want to hear...just the truth" most customers appreicate it....

I'll find out what it sounds like tonight when I get to work. I'm gonna try to talk him into letting me build an amp rack/cover boards to hide his wires, they are a jumbled mess!

I just built a box for my friends boat. Let's just say, it wasn't quite as big. :) Made for one 12" sub. He's gonna carpet it so it matches the stuff on the boat.

ahh

Heard it last night:D NO port noise,box doesn't flex at all. He needs lots of dynamat!:cool: The rear gate has almost 1" of flex and the back glass is crazy. He had to turn the amp gains down,bass on eq down,and bass boost off on the amp. Blew 3 of the dust covers off too.:smile: He is well pleased.
It would sound better if the whole truck wasn't rattling. Bad news though.............he needs more mids/highs,they can't keep up:)

Glad you didn't leave spencer in the box hahahahhaa. His eyeballs would be rattling around!!!! Daniel Ray

Back