You can type here any text you want

Just got a new TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board. Just bought a TTA w/ only 7k miles on it. I'm looking to do some bolt on stuff. Nothing to really hack up the car. Already purchased a set of drag radials. I used to have a GMC Typhoon and got alot of parts from ATR, but I hear there gone. So I was wondering who was recomended for parts such as Chip, Fuel system upgrades, and Intake/exhaust. Also "WHAT" parts work for lowering ET's. Like what should be the first thing, second thing done ect. I've talked to a few manufacturers and some just seem like they want to sell parts. So I figured I would ask a non-biased public forum. I'd like to be in the low 12's High 11's if possible with bolt on stuff. Any help would be apprieciated. Phone numbers, Web sites ect.

Thanks, :cool:
Trent G.
Hagerstown MD.

Welcome aboard. First thing is a Scanmaster. See where you car is on the parameters and go from there. You can buy it from fullthrottlespeed.com. Second this a good spring cleaning-hoses,fluids, filters, plugs, wires etc. Then I would get a chip from Eric at Turbotweak.com and a KN filter with a straight MAF pipe. Lastly I would get an AFPR and a walbro 340 from Mike at full throttle. Then you can take the car whatever direction you prefer.

hope you enjoy

Jason Papageorge

Welcome and congradulations. First scanmaster,then feul pump, adjustable wastegate control, chip, 50lb injectors, and last but not least Razors alky kit. That enough for now the other crap will follow. Scanmaster first always and learn. Install other mods one at a time or you could find yourself chasing ghosts. I think I remember Razor telling me this but did I listen. :biggrin: Good luck and congrats. Oh, and give Grumpy a shout and get yourself a MAF pipe. And a K&N filter.

Quiky One said:
First thing is a Scanmaster. See where you car is on the parameters and go from there. You can buy it from fullthrottlespeed.com. Second this a good spring cleaning-hoses,fluids, filters, plugs, wires etc. Then I would get a chip from Eric at Turbotweak.com and a KN filter with a straight MAF pipe. Lastly I would get an AFPR and a walbro 340 from Mike at full throttle.

WELCOME and Exactly what he said above, throw some Sticky's on it, then go to the Track and watch the JAWS DROP when your Stocker goes 12.30's (Or Quicker), when all the GTO/EVO/Mustang guys can't even come CLOSE to that without $1000's in Mod's :eek: It's a LOT of FUN!!!

Welcome!

You might enjoy reading This thread. Alchohol injection has become predominant in the first mods you should do, even more than indicated in that poll. :)

wow !!!! good info for you here !!! do the stupid stuff like people are saying and DRIVE the car !!! there are awesome and FLY very easy with the stock stuff into the 11s low 12's :biggrin:

I purchased my second TTA with 8800 miles on it and the car was 100% bone stock.
My car made 323 rear wheel horse on 100 octane thru the stock downpipe and cat, only little more timing and K&N airfilter.

I would take the original plugs and wires and put them in a box and dont sell them to anyone, keep em with the car.
Then i would keep the stock downpipe on the car till you are into the low 12s on drag radials.
Keep the stock turbo/ic/and convertor till your running high 11s.
Meth kit, erics chip, external trans cooler, 1218 oil filter, clean the intercooler, new 30psi boost gauge and enjoy it!
BW

Thanks everyone! I am lucky to have found such a helpful site. I put the BF drag radials on today, and I can already tell that alone is worth a few tenths due to the traction issue with these cars. Everything I take off is being stored in my garage to preserve the value. That's why All the mods I do are strictly bolt on. Next is K&N filter however, I can't seem to find out how to remove the stock air box. Am I blind? I don't see any screw or bolts holding it in place. Should I get the eight inch cone filter, or the nine? Thanks again. :)

to remove the air filter from the box, you need to loosen the 3" clamps on the 90° elbow on top of the box. Pull the end of the 90° that isnt attached to the lid and turn it so you can pull up on the 90° to remove that elbow.
Once you remove the 90° you will see the nut to remove the lid so you can get the filter out, then the entire assy.

HTH
BW

Back