Just got an extender, need some input

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
I just got my extender chip and I must say it runs nice. My problem is with the BLMs. I already ajusted the IAC and such, but the BLMs seem low to me. They are in the 110 area at idle. I tried setting the T+ to lean idle and the BLM's shot up to 160. This is with 45 psi fuel pressure like the instructions say. Any ideas???

Hey Ben, did you have that TE62 when we were racing in May? :eek:

I would try 42 psi. hose off fuel pressure and normal idle switch position as a test.

How did the car run with lean idle and 160 blms? Still smooth?

I have had the same problem.I set my FP at 50# line off and it only dropped to155!I checked for vacuum leaks and there aint any.I recently blew up the 52 and am now on the stock turbo and noticed it dropped to the mid 140s.Setting the T+ for a 3.5 maf makes them drop,but it runs like crap then.

I would try what salvage said also, lower to 42#. But I have redstripes, although 42# static is what I use, adding 4% at WOT. My BLMs hover around 128, even the INT. I use the 3" rich idle. I hope yours works out, I think the chip is great. I have the Trans+ in the car, so I'm always tweaking the settings anyway :) .

Originally posted by Bens87tr
I just got my extender chip and I must say it runs nice. My problem is with the BLMs. I already ajusted the IAC and such, but the BLMs seem low to me. They are in the 110 area at idle. I tried setting the T+ to lean idle and the BLM's shot up to 160. This is with 45 psi fuel pressure like the instructions say. Any ideas???

Don't obsess on the BLs, would be my advise.
What's the car run like?.

Base line you combo, and test to see what's the best settings. If it's smooth at 110, it just means the ecm is correcting for the idle being a little rich. The extenders are very clever, and just don't need to follow the rules as close as others do. 128s are kind of nice, but not absolutely necessary, IMO.

Yeah Al, I had the 62 in may, 44 on dyno day. I didn't run the car with the 160 BLM. I have a 3.5 MAF. Lowering the FP doesn't seem to affect the BLMs much. The are usually closer to 128. The car does run great, an occasional split second stumble though. I'd like to get this nailed down before my dual nozzle SMC shows up!!!:D

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I have had the same problem.I set my FP at 50# line off and it only dropped to155!I checked for vacuum leaks and there aint any.I recently blew up the 52 and am now on the stock turbo and noticed it dropped to the mid 140s.Setting the T+ for a 3.5 maf makes them drop,but it runs like crap then.

What did your BLM's read in MAF BASE 5 setting ?

Leave it set like you originally had it and drive it.

Forget the BLM, it is in range.....it's fine.

Steve

They dropped in base 5,but not alot and the car kind of ran like on 3.5 settings but a little better.