Just got my 87 GN!!! Need help!

87gnNV

My GN is completly stock exept for a 160 stat and 3" hooker exast. Were should i start with my mods? I dont have much money so a cheap set up to run faster with stock turbo and intercooler would be great! thantks.

O yea i dont think i have posi becouse only the right tire spins :)D ) do i have to swap the whole rear end to get posi? thanks again.

O yea (again) any body know a GN mechanic in las vegas

First you need to set up your car with some mods that make it safe to run faster. If you start bolting on go-fast goodies without these mods, you will blow it up.

1. Scan tool
2. Walbro 340 fuel pump
3. fuel pump hotwire kit

Then:

4. K&N
5. Gut the cat converter

4&5 are good cheap mods

You need to do the spring cleaning on www.gnttype.org

If you have high miles you may want to do the following.
6. valve springs
7. timing chain and gears

Your first mod should be a scan tool. Buy one and get the thing running properly before you throw money at it. Once you get it running properly and have done the cheap mods, my suggestion would be an alky kit.
http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/SteveCkit.html

Like he said start at

www.gnttype.org

You can find all the codes for the options there too, look at your trunk lead inside for a G80 to check for posi, I think it was.

Then just do searches here and you will find just about every topic is covered in one way or another.

Originally posted by 87gnNV

O yea (again) any body know a GN mechanic in las vegas

get ahold of len at performance transmission,he's a great guy and he knows whats what with these cars.

later,sean

Go into the advertisers section and Racetronix is having an excellent deal on a Walbro/hotwire kit combo.
In addition to what these guys recommended check if you have a shift kit installed. It is esssential to keeping your tranny healthy.
Also pull the ECM and see what chip it has installed, there are so many chips avail for these cars it could have anything in it. The best chip for a near stock GN is a Thrasher92.