You can type here any text you want

just rebuilt my engine complete

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
How should i break it in.It has all new parts, cam and lifters also new, rings too.What would be the step by step way to break it in.

Good reading! Altho, I still believe that a few 5 lb spurts of Boost will help the rings seat but do it in the first 25 miles. Again, just my opinion & I have no Proof it works but does for me so I do it everytime.

Good reading! Altho, I still believe that a few 5 lb spurts of Boost will help the rings seat but do it in the first 25 miles. Again, just my opinion & I have no Proof it works but does for me so I do it everytime.

i agree completely--------at the top of page 3 the paper clearly states "after break in and during full power operation further wear in of the top and bottom edges of the rings and bores can occur due to high cylinder pressures and resulting ring dishing"----------this deals with the complete breakin of the rings--------most of the paper deals with flat tappet break in and the two must be understood as totally different and each has different requirements..............RC

Back