You can type here any text you want

Just saw 'Gran Torino'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I laughed my butt off the whole movie. I have it on DVD and watched it 3 times already. yum yum egg roll.

Lol. After my team watched that movie, they all call my girlfriend yum yum, or dragon lady now... Maybe I shouldn't have let them watch my dvd.

The wife purchased this movie as a stocking stuffer. I really liked the movie. And for those asking, yes it has a lot of swearing and yes it has a lot of racial slurs...more towards Asians.

In a way, Clint's character reminds me of the crotchety old lady in Driving Miss Daisy. I really liked the end with the stipulation on the Gran Torino. I can understand why he'd write that down.

Now I sort of want a 1972 Gran Torino after watching that movie. :cool:

552.jpg

sk1409.jpg

It was great in theatre and even better at home. watched it with my sister in law who is hmong.

Funny.....we are just about to watch this movie for the first time when I saw this thread!!!!

i dvr'ed it on thursday and just now watched it.. i'm buying it tomorrow and adding it to my "watch at least once a year" list.
some things were kind of cheesy- there were parts of every other "clean up the neighborhood movie" ever made- but Clint more than made up for it. the scene in the barber shop with the kid was kind of hokey (i've never been around guys that actually talk like that to each other) but that final conversation he had with the priest in his living room the night that stuff went down was pretty intense and turned the priest into an actual human being instead of a two dimesional cartoon version of a young priest.

Clint reminded me of my Dad in a lot of ways in that movie. Dad doesn't take any sh!t, is tough on the outside, but has a heart of gold. Times are changing and I can't say I like it. :frown: Great movie, though. Like ND said, I'm adding it to the collection.

Gran Torino

Seen in theater and there was not a dry eye in the place. Matter of fact no one got up to leave till they could compose themselves.

Back