You can type here any text you want

Just wondering about stage one engine...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
Hey im just wondering whats the stage one engines are built with. or is there somewhere to go to see this info thanks.. Just kinda thinking of building something that holds all the hp but wont brake everytime you run it.. thanks

There are stage 1 and Stage 2. There are on-center motors and off-center motors. What are they made of well the casting that Buick used is 20% stronger and most blocks are 4 bolt mains. Normally when building these engines Steel or Billet cranks are used, high end heads, intakes ETC.

Do yourself a favor as i could type for hours. Build a 109 Block with a girdle and you will have more than enough power and still have fun without $15000-$20000 into a engine. Trust me I am there.

Scroll down and click on the blocks and start reading.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/blocks/blockguide.html

Good Luck

These blocks are very hard to find now and when you do find one be ready to pay $2500 to $3000 for a USED bare block. :eek:

hey njturbo im wondering since you know so much about this area. im wondering also how would you build a stock engine to hold 500 hp or more... any suggestion that would be great. just looking at both was of doing this

thanks

Originally posted by ProjectWE4
hey njturbo im wondering since you know so much about this area. im wondering also how would you build a stock engine to hold 500 hp or more... any suggestion that would be great. just looking at both was of doing this

thanks

I wish i knew allot:D :D

A stock block can handle 500HP. Do you want a combo:confused:

Back