JW flexplate ?'s

mactizen

First is basically how do i tell if it's internally or externally balanced? The flexplate on the motor has weights on it so I was assuming it's externally balanced. Also any good reason to go with the lightened flexplate?
-Mac

First is basically how do i tell if it's internally or externally balanced? The flexplate on the motor has weights on it so I was assuming it's externally balanced. Also any good reason to go with the lightened flexplate?
-Mac

If its internally balanced the flywheel and balancer wont have any counterweighting. How much lighter is the lightened flex plate? They are usually very light.

Ya most things I have read don't seem to shed a good light on a lightened flexplate for my use.

Are most GN and TR cars equipped with internal or external balancing? I've never owned a car that this was an option it's always one or the other.

Are most GN and TR cars equipped with internal or external balancing? I've never owned a car that this was an option it's always one or the other.

A stock GN motor is externally balanced. If you have an aftermarket steel crank, you had an option on internally or externally balanced. If you chose internal balance, then you need a JW Flywheel and BHJ balancer.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have a JW sfi approved external flywheel, #A568259 and I'm telling you it's heavier than a stocker.:confused: