You can type here any text you want

K&N HP-1001 VS AC Delco PF47/52 Oil filters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ll3lue

i'm trying decide between them..the ACdelco is alot cheaper...considering the K&N is almost 15 dollars and the ACdelco is only 4.50 what is the better of the two? and what do you guys run?

I run NAPA 1036 oil filters which is the same as WIX, they are the longer ones like the PF-52
I purchase them in the plastic wrapped value packs by the case 12 at a time.

Part number 21036MP walk in price is 3.39 each, should be less than that for regular customers. My price was 1.48 since i knew someone who worked there at the time.

If www.napaonline.com was working i could check the price, since its not i cant.

I think the K&N filter is not worth the money, AC delco is a great filter, and the WIX is just as good as the AC delco. Fram sucks.
BW

I used the AC PF-52 for years and was quite satisfied with it.

Good luck,
Buzz White in Houston, TX

do you have any problems fitting a longer filter like the pf52 on a GN?

the ac delco filters for these cars has a anti drain back valve so the turbo gets oil on startup, other companys dont. if you have the oil cooler on the vehicle you need the pf47, if you don't you need the pf 52. their might be a clearance issue if you put the 52 on with the cooler adapter, usually not.

Been running the AC PF-52 for years, never a problem. I have the oil cooler in place with no clearance issues.

The K&N is far superior than the present AC Delco filers.It does have the anti drainback feature and can handle cold oil pressure with a blocked bypass,where the Delco has been shown to crush in on itself.The K&N media is a synthetic which is also better.Plus it looks cool :biggrin:

Oh yeah,Advance had them for 11 somethng,they were the cheapest local to me.

I use the K&N.. No comparison. You can crush an AC like a beer can with your hand.. Try that with a K&N. The filtering is way better too. The added cost is easy worth it to me..

Back