K&N Oil filter nightmare!!

I don't use an oil cooler any longer, nor do I have any type of turbo saver on the motor..

Motor is all roller and turbo is BB..

I think I did use the weber timing chain cover... But let's be clear here...I started this car at least a hundred times maybe more over the last couple years and never had an issue prior to the oil change..

Call Nick Micale and get a K&P Engineering filter. It's a removable cartridge filter with a rare earth magnet on top. I sent it up to RPE when my stroker was built, and Bobby said it was a really nice piece.
They are not big capacity, but the quality is incredible. You also get a better look at what's in your oil with a screen and mesh type filter over a paper element.

Why any owner would protect their expensive, or any, engine with an oil filter that is a close relative of a roll of toilet paper is beyond me Coach?

How could a roll of paper NOT open up big tracks and oil take the path of least resistance especially with cold start pressure in a properly built engine?

Call Nick Macale and get a K&P Engineering filter. It's a removable cartridge filter with a rare earth magnet on top. I sent it up to RPE when my stroker was built, and Bobby said it was a really nice piece.
They are not big capacity, but the quality is incredible. You also get a better look at what's in your oil with a screen and mesh type filter over a paper element.
K&N makes a similar oil filter but it costs more. Just thought I would throw that in, in case this turns into a "which oil filter is best" thread. http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=SS-1001

That filter couldn't compete with a K&P....not even close.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1398514004.996253.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1398514037.004624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1398514063.344747.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1398514088.176478.jpg

They come in plain aluminum, black, and other finishes. Doesn't have to be chrome.

Can we get a model number on that K&P, please?
Contact Nick Macale. He posted up earlier ( post #24) Send him a PM about the filter. He is a dealer. He sold me this one. I do not have that container in my presence or I would post up the number. It's with my car in Ohio.

S18 also available on ebay. I am impressed with it.

S18 also available on ebay. I am impressed with it.
It is available a bunch of places...but Nick is a Buick vendor. If us Buick guys are going to drop some coin on high quality items...I always look at a vendor first.
You won't be disappointed with spending the cash. No more filters in the landfills!!!

It is available a bunch of places...but Nick is a Buick vendor. If us Buick guys are going to drop some coin on high quality items...I always look at a vendor first.
You won't be disappointed with spending the cash. No more filters in the landfills!!!

Thanks Coach, appreciate your support and comments, but I also want to point out my goal when selling or endorsing a product for a turbo Buick, it must meet our standards of quality and value.

In our discussions before you purchased the unit not only were the benefits discussed, but the various options available for your specific application, such as if you want an internal by-pass or not.

I doubt that an e-bay vendor care about your specific needs in your application or not?

Over a year was spent in talking with the major suppliers of re-usable oil filter and I actually purchased a few others before I picked K&P because of his quality, options and the great customer service I received from the owner.

We do many engine build which cost well over $10K and I want to be sure my recommendation on any supporting part has been proven personally by our use and experience.

As you certainly know by now Coach, your initial $$$ investment in the best oil filtering for your engine will pay for its self over a short period of time, and then actually start saving you money! ;)

I've used Wix/Napa Gold for years without a single problem...That K&P filter is a very nice piece though. Canton Racing also makes a very high quality filter capable of filtering down to 8 microns! They also have a reusable filter that filters to 40 microns but meant more for racing purposes where the oil is dumped after racing. http://buickgn.com/billetoilfilters.html

I run mobile one filters. Anyone else?

I used to run Mobil 1 filters for many years without issue (at the same time using Mobil 1 oil + a bottle of ZDDP Plus).
Since upgrading to a DBB turbo, I'm now running Mark (TR Custom Parts ) turbo saver filter set up which uses a Canton filter.

http://www.buickgn.com/turboprotector.htm

No more Mobil 1 oil for me now, with the new turbo, I've changed over to another brand of oil ...... Brad Penn + 1/2 bottle of ZDDP Plus.