K&N Oil filter nightmare!!

I run the Mobil 1 filter on the GN. I have the biggie adapter so run the larger filter. I found an ebay auction several years ago and got 28 (yes 28) filters for about a buck fifty each! No one else bid. The shipping was almost as much as the final price but who can argue the value. So I got a lifetime supply of filters for way less than 3 bucks each. I am very happy with them.

I used to think the expense for the reusable filters were not worth it. Of course after throwing down an absurd amount of money for my new engine the filter price was nothing. There is something to be said about the peace of mind being able to see what exactly is in your filter every time the oil gets changed.

Funny how some members marked my pre-lube oil system, but whether the oil filter anti-drain back valve works or not at least the pre-lube oil system keeps the engine with oil pressure.

What's this big oil filter adapter? I run the long filter that goes on the same as the short one. I also bought a case of them on eBay. Don't remember how many there were or how much. Many years ago.

It replaces the special nut that holds on the sammich adapter. With the 'biggie kit' it gets rid of the 18mm threads and allows the use of an old big block filter with more media surface area. Field reports are usually around an extra 3, or so, PSI at idle.

Where do I get it and will my pump lose its prime when I remove the sandwich adapter

rjcracing.com No, your pump won't lose prime it'll be just like changing an oil filter. That being said.... most of the time the sammich adapter will stay stuck in place, you can swap the nut and stick the new on right back in.... I would have a new adapter O-ring in hand just in case it does move. Those things don't like to reseal and GM used the skinniest one they could source when they built our cars.

You obviously don't get it....

Coach its funny. All these guys are willing to drop $2000 on a new turbo but for something that can save the motor they cheap out. I guess other part is majority of people dont do big builds either. Wish I would have saw the k&p one before I purchased my canton.. maybe k&p can turn it into a turbo saver as well..

**UPDATE**

K&N has asked for me to send the filer back to them (luckily Advanced Auto still had it) so they can test it. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

**UPDATE**

K&N has asked for me to send the filer back to them (luckily Advanced Auto still had it) so they can test it. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.
If your engine is still good...they'll send you some free filters. If its FUBAR...you'll never hear back from them as long as you live!!!! Count on it.

While they are feeling cooperative...ask them which one of their shithook Chinese factories made the piece of F'n garbage...see if they offer a response...

**UPDATE**

No! They want their defective filter. Don't give it to them. They want to cover their mistake! Make a vid of you cutting it open. Show us how they screwed up! Fram makes these now? ...omg.

I run an RJC "Biggie" kit with a Baldwin B9. (you can get Baldwins on ebay or thru Grainger)

I didn't know about Nick's K&P. Hmmmm...

***Please don't send that KN back. Make a vid of you cutting it open. If a problem is found,post it on YouTube with the correct title to blow their crap wide open!

Funny how some members marked my pre-lube oil system, but whether the oil filter anti-drain back valve works or not at least the pre-lube oil system keeps the engine with oil pressure.
I have always believed in a good prelube kit.