You can type here any text you want

Kenne Bell Chip question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Danster

Just recently received my car and has a Kenne Bell chip installed. Part number is 900643. Can someone tell me how this chip is programmed for my car? My car is mostly stock, only a K&N filter. I'm not sure why the stock chip was not left in :confused:

I have mods on the way along with a new Thrasher92 chip.

Just curious!

Dannyo

Looks like you have a Kenne Bell "Ultimate" chip. Should be a stock inj. 93 octane chip.

Mike

Yup you need a 160 thermostat, should have a Walbro 307 or 340 in there with new fuel filter.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator wouldn't hurt either.

Lots of timing in that chip so be prepared to watch for KR.

I used one for many years.

K+N filter needed too.

Originally posted by gnturbo
I have the same chip that I just got.Is it worth a flip.do I need to do anything else to the car to use the chip?(thermostat,air filter....)my car is bone stock ,I have not added anything to it.Just wondering if I could install the kenne belle 9006 chip and let her ride for a while?

You can use the chip without adding anything else to your car. However, it's highly recommended to add the 160 thermostat, a Walbro 307 or 340 and AFPR.

Dannyo

As salvageV6 stated watch out for knock.. Kenne Bell was not shy on the timing tables in that chip. GL

Mike Banas
87GN

Originally posted by Danster
Just recently received my car and has a Kenne Bell chip installed. Part number is 900643. Can someone tell me how this chip is programmed for my car? My car is mostly stock, only a K&N filter. I'm not sure why the stock chip was not left in :confused:

I have mods on the way along with a new Thrasher92 chip.

Just curious!

Dannyo

Ya sure it doesn't say 9005P3?? never heard of a 43.

I installed the kenne bell chip a few days ago,My car is/was bone stock with the exception of the chip.It gives good acceleration when playing around from a ROLLING START.fans kick on real quick but when attempting to get a 0-60 time ,the car sounded/acted like it ran outta juice.dont know if it was running outta fuel or it was the knock situation.I know I should not be messing with chips without gauges but just wondering if that was knock or fuel pump not being able to keep up?I got home and threw the stock chip in and man what a difference.It feels slow now.Any way I have a thrasher 93 coming this week so I will prob wait and throw that in instead of the old kenne bell chip.To get the most outta the thrasher or the kenne bell chip is all I need is a thermostat,hot wire and a k/n filter?any help will be appreciated:cool:

I installed the kenne bell chip a few days ago,My car is/was bone stock with the exception of the chip.It gives good acceleration when playing around from a ROLLING START.fans kick on real quick but when attempting to get a 0-60 time ,the car sounded/acted like it ran outta juice.dont know if it was running outta fuel or it was the knock situation.I know I should not be messing with chips without gauges but just wondering if that was knock or fuel pump not being able to keep up?I got home and threw the stock chip in and man what a difference.It feels slow now.Any way I have a thrasher 93 coming this week so I will prob wait and throw that in instead of the old kenne bell chip.To get the most outta the thrasher or the kenne bell chip is all I need is a thermostat,hot wire and a k/n filter?any help will be appreciated:cool:

Unless you like replacing headgaskets and crankshafts I suggest you stop switching chips until you get a Scanmaster or knock gauge. You cannot tell if the engine is knocking with your ear until its WAY too late. Leave the stock chip in until you get a scan tool

The reason you are running out of oomph at 60mph is probably because you are experiencing significant knock retard and the computer is pulling timing to keep your engine from falling apart

.I know I should not be messing with chips without gauges but just wondering if that was knock or fuel pump not being able to keep up?

Both. The stock fuel pump was barely adequate if completely stock. The instant you turn up the boost, you are running out of fuel. You cannot make more power on air alone. Don't keep swapping stuff around until you get a knock gauge/scanmaster etc... and you upgrade the fuel pump and wiring. You're just begging for a blown out headgasket or a pounded bottom end. :eek:

I will heed you guys warning and put the stock chip back in and leave it alone untill I get gauges,I think it is funny how the guy that I called at "kenne bell" said that the car would be fine with no gauges or other adjustments or mods.he said just put the chip in and everything will be ok.what a joke.any way thanks for the advice guys...by the way I guess the thrasher 92 chip I just got should not be put in either till I get all those things?have a scanmaster that a friend said I could use for a while.once you adjust the car for minimum knock do you still have to constantly monitor it for knock.

Back