You can type here any text you want

Kenwood KDC419 cd player stopped working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VADER

Little engine that could
I am reposting this since I posted in the lounge and didnt get any responses. The fun just never seems to end. Trying to install new 6.5s in my Honda (factory holes are 7" apart, or 6" with factory bracket), I had speaker in the door sitting there to test listen, and I pulled the speaker out of the door while stereo was playing to try and test with a bass blocker. It contacted the metal on the door, and made typical crackling noises, but then the entire stereo is dead. I checked all fuses (factory under dash, radio power, & back of radio, and all are fine. Tested with a voltmeter, and the power wire has juice ready to go.
Could I have fried the radio from the speaker contacts? Is there a reset? So much for $20 speakers costing me more. Thanks.

ive never had anything like that fry the whole unit. most of the newer radios have protection built in just in case that type of thing happens. if its an older unit i guess its possible. i dont have a lot of exp with the kenwoods though. i have been selling and installing mostly jvc, sony, and blaupunkt head units but on the occasion ive had an opps like that it never shut the whole unit dwn. if it has a detachable face ther is usually a reset button behind the face plate you might give that a try or call a kenwood dealer and ask them.. hope that helps

ed

Back