Concert sound ? Best news in a long time. Finally a good front speaker solution

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
Please give me feedback, and if you have any install questions. I'm working on a sound deadning product to improve the door speakers performance...the next cs2 car I do, I'm going to make a detailed how to video....check with me a week before your install, and I'll send you some deadner if ready to ship by then...just an fyi

BRAD_PADGETT

Please give me feedback, and if you have any install questions. I'm working on a sound deadning product to improve the door speakers performance...the next cs2 car I do, I'm going to make a detailed how to video....check with me a week before your install, and I'll send you some deadner if ready to ship by then...just an fyi
I will be installing them in three months. The weather and busy with work(tax time) will keep me away from the car. This is what I have been wanting-simple and improvement over the stock speakers which are now crap due to age. I also am not looking for Carnegie Hall on my cruising either. Thanks Gary.

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
I saw the Phoenix Gold speakers listed on Walmart the other day and wondered how they sounded. I'm not sure it's not the same company it was back in the day, but it's great they still make a quality product. PPI and A/D/S are junk now. Real shame.

Ok. From reading all the post. Here is what j am gathering and please correct me if I am wrong and or any input appreciated. I have a 87 GN all stock, concert stereo option, Stock radio with EQ. I am no audiophile and just want to get decent sounds from my stock head unit while maintaining everything original. Speakers are shot. So do I replace the rear and front with the suggestions you have 169 for front and 169 for rear plug and play. Or do I go on the eBay or the forum and try to purchase OEM speakers. Any suggestions are welcome.

~JM~

Cross Member
Ok. From reading all the post. Here is what j am gathering and please correct me if I am wrong and or any input appreciated. I have a 87 GN all stock, concert stereo option, Stock radio with EQ. I am no audiophile and just want to get decent sounds from my stock head unit while maintaining everything original. Speakers are shot. So do I replace the rear and front with the suggestions you have 169 for front and 169 for rear plug and play. Or do I go on the eBay or the forum and try to purchase OEM speakers. Any suggestions are welcome.
You click on the link at the bottom of the first post, locate the phone number & make a phone call.

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
I saw the Phoenix Gold speakers listed on Walmart the other day and wondered how they sounded. I'm not sure it's not the same company it was back in the day, but it's great they still make a quality product. PPI and A/D/S are junk now. Real shame.
Same brand, different owners...they actually have some of the same engineers.

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
I like aftermarket obviously...you'll never see them, and they sound 100% better. Hth

I like aftermarket obviously...you'll never see them, and they sound 100% better. Hth[/QUOTE Do you have any pictures of the 6x9 speakers that you package deal with these? I would be very interested in purchasing a complete kit from you. I would also like to be able to add blue tooth option while keeping the stock head unit. Any ideas? Bluetooth amp maybe?

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
I have a square store that has pictures and a better description... Google Square/carrtunz.

I'm currently working on a Bluetooth oem radio upgrade, but haven't had time to finish it yet...I'll post here in the car audio section when testing is done and I'm happy with the quality.

I have my stock radió upgraded with the six cable which is but a Bluetooth version would be awesome. Definitely will be calling you and buying the speaker set up for my car for my summertime cruisin