You can type here any text you want

Key on engine off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I was playing around a little with my scanmaster today. This is with the key on engine off. When you press the gas pedal does your fuel pump turn on? I don't remember my last GN doing that. Am I hearing something else? Doing the press/ release, every press I hear what sounds like the pump turning on.

Here's some readings, I adjusted the TPS today, it was out of spec.

Do the BLMs seem low? Car has a full tank of VP110, TT 5.7 chip and most of mods in signature.

AF 5
L8 36
INT 119
BL 118
ATS 120
r 800
TPS 48
IAC 34

it shouldn't be the fuel pump turning on. are you running a boost controller? Any other gizmos on the car other than whats in your sig?

Bob

What you could be hearing is your boost control solenoid.

BLM's aren't bad enough to be too concerned with yet.

TPS at .48 is still WAY too high!

I have a manual boost controller, ta6262 CEA turbo and ta headers. The power logger, 2 step and front mount aren't on the car yet. It sounds like its coming from the back. I'll listen a little closer.

I just adjusted the tips yesterday too. I thought it was in range? I must have read the write up incorrectly.

A little update, I spoke about the blue wire scotch locked into the blue wire on my ECU. Well, it ran from the ECU, under the dash toward the drivers side, under the drivers side door sill and goes somewhere to the back of the car.

Theres also two red wires running under the door sill to the back of the car. One turn on with the key and the other was batt power.

I disconnected all of the wires and I no longer hear the fuel pump sound when I press the gas pedal. Strange isn't it?

Look for a box or such back in the rear area of the car. A blue wire on the ECM may be the TPS, which can be used to turn on another fuel pump. There may be or was double pumps on the car is the past. With a certain throttle setting turning on the second pump.

Way back I used to do something similar on a carb'd car. Ran from the mechanical pump during 'normal' driving. With a micro switch on the secondary throttle lever to turn on an electric pump once the secondaries started to open

RemoveBeforeFlight

That has to be what it is, I definitely heard a fuel pump turning on. Weird I never found it, I'll look the next time it's on the lift.

Back