You can type here any text you want

Killed an M6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daves87gn

Well here’s how it went, I worked for a company were most employees had nice cars (04 turbo Porsche, Mercedes CL’s, a few BMW 745,750, M3 and my Bro-in-law’s 06 M6. Well, when I bought my 87 GN with 47k miles, I got rip on, laughed at:( for buying a 20 year old Black REGAL,:mad: well that all changed one day. My bro-in-law wanted to race me since he had taken everyone at the office down, so one Friday on the way to the local strip club:p for lunch the stars aligned and we both caught a red light with no one in front.:biggrin:

He said when the light turns green were going. Well I figured I had nothing to lose, after all he was in a new BMW M6 with a 500H.P.:biggrin: V10 being able to hang with him would be would be a win in my book!!! So I got ready, brought boost up to 3PSI as I was on stock wheels with 235 on them and just watch the light for cross traffic, figured the only chance I had was to get him off the line!!! When the light turned green I just when for it and rolled in to it about as quick as I could with out breaking the tires loose, by the time I hit second I had it pinned to ground and fighting to keep it straight (with the 235 it feels like I’m on ice:D ). To my surprise I looked left and he wasn’t there, I looked in my mirror and he was about a car and a half back!!!:eek: I shifted into third, stock speedo was pinned and no M6 he was still a car behind and slowly closing the gap.

I let off just as I was ready to shift into drive, as we were coming up on cars at the next intersection and got on the brakes. Best part of the story the guy in the 04 Turbo was behind us watching and laughing his a$$ off, as the little black REGAL with 6 cylinders beat on the BMW V10 M6 with a 500H.P. that everybody in the office had heard about over and over!!! IT GETS BETTER a few block down he calls and said he spun them:rolleyes: and rematch!!! So I said there’s no one in front of us count to 3 and go. We were doing about 20 I just left it in drive and punched it when I heard 3, and to my surprise we stayed door to door to about 70 when we both let off due to traffic. By the time we meet everyone from the office at the strip club:wink: they new the little black REGAL had spanked the M6. I bought my Bro-In-Law a bucket of beer to help wash down the pain of losing. After that everyone wanted a ride and wanted to know what made a GRAND NATIONAL so fast!!:wink:

did you tell him "WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE":biggrin: IF YOU DIDNT YOU NEED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Nice kill! What mods are done to your car?

sorry have made a sig but here is what i got from original owner, from what he remembered as he only put 3k in the last 8 years before i bought it

fuel pump didnt remember brand:confused:
hot wire kit for pump
ATR stainless headers
ATR 3" stainless down pipe
High flow cat (the one ATR used to sell)
ATR stainless cat back i think its 2.5 but havent checked but looks big
Aluminum drive shaft
TT chip and another unknown?
TE44a
BGC SLIC with BOV (think 23 row)
CAM (he couldnt remember which one)
bosch FPR
K&N Air Filter
a few more bolt on's i can remeber 24PSI and a hell of a tune

sorry have made a sig but here is what i got from original owner, from what he remembered as he only put 3k in the last 8 years before i bought it

fuel pump didnt remember brand:confused:
hot wire kit for pump
ATR stainless headers
ATR 3" stainless down pipe
High flow cat (the one ATR used to sell)
ATR stainless cat back i think its 2.5 but havent checked but looks big
Aluminum drive shaft
TT chip and another unknown?
TE44a
BGC SLIC with BOV (think 23 row)
CAM (he couldnt remember which one)
bosch FPR
K&N Air Filter
a few more bolt on's i can remeber 24PSI and a hell of a tune

blue top injectors
fiberglass hood, front & rear bumbers and aluminum brackets

Imagine if you had some sticky tires on it and could launch it you'd slaughter him.

Imagine if you had some sticky tires on it and could launch it you'd slaughter him.

thanks, I have convo pros at home with 275, but its so much more fun to drive with those little 235, and be able to lay down rubber on command

thanks guys, i guess that after 22 years people should have learned not to underestimate our little V6 Buicks.

thanks guys it fun to share our war stories

tell every one at your job that i said

Attachments

• frech.gif
    frech.gif
    3 KB · Views: 661
Nice win!

Watch out if he wants to go from a roll at higher speeds. I have quite a few friends with M5's (E39 & E60). When I had my WS6(M6) I ran my friends E39, both with 360rwhp. 2-4 were dead even, both shifted into 5th and he started to RUN away from me.

The E60 has a tune, and had no problems cruising at 180mph with 4 people in the car and passed 200 with two in it. Not bad for stock with a tune. :eek:

I am still trying to figure out how that 996Turbo lost to the M6 though. Must be a bad driver. The 996 should have the M6 beat in every aspect.

Nick

Nice win!

Watch out if he wants to go from a roll at higher speeds. I have quite a few friends with M5's (E39 & E60). When I had my WS6(M6) I ran my friends E39, both with 360rwhp. 2-4 were dead even, both shifted into 5th and he started to RUN away from me.

The E60 has a tune, and had no problems cruising at 180mph with 4 people in the car and passed 200 with two in it. Not bad for stock with a tune. :eek:

I am still trying to figure out how that 996Turbo lost to the M6 though. Must be a bad driver. The 996 should have the M6 beat in every aspect.

Nick

I agree with you Nick the turbo should have beat the M6 but i guess thats what happens when people with money buy cars so they can be seen driving them:rolleyes:

Good job.

They really do like loosing you know. If he wanted to win he would have spent the money more wisely.

Mikey

Congrats on the kill. Nothing better than wiping that stupid grin off a person who thinks their car is worthy (of challenging a mighty TR) merely because they've dropped a lot of coin to buy the latest-greatest...:D

Now it's time for some secret mods. That way he will never get close again...;) :cool:

Good kill!

I hope your bro-in-law doesnt wear those lamb skin gloves that most of the M car drivers around here like to wear.

Good kill!

I hope your bro-in-law doesnt wear those lamb skin gloves that most of the M car drivers around here like to wear.

No, he's a pretty cool guy, and the best part is he lets me borrow it.:eek:

Where u located I'm in SGV

Back