You can type here any text you want

Killing at the Track!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Well went to the track Saturday(Jackson SC). Anyway a friend of mine, was to come with his 2000 T/A, i get there early, my wife came in her car with my 4 son's(age's)10-9-7-6 let the mayhem begin:eek:. The kids are like my on little cheering section, On sugar HIGH! Anyway, all knid of import swarm in EVO'S, Supra, ect. I pull in next to this guy with a mustang in a trailer, and he see me open the trunk to pull out the jack, and slick's and laugh's. I go to stage, go thru the water, and barely spin the slick's in, build to 2vac, and launch spinn sideways, forget to shift, and run a crappy time( im very nervous). Get back to cool down, he ask to see my ticket. 2.79(60ft) 1/8 mile 89mph, 1/4(13.90@111). So he want's to race me now, and bet money, i say no, he persist, i say ok $300. Nerves go away, and kill mode come's on! Get to the line again, he told me to drop the slicks down from 17 to 14psi i do. We line up, i just pull the vacum off, we lanuch he's 4car's out front, my O2's are 878 car is slugglish. All of a sudden boost kicks in, and bam! im at his door by the 1/8, the buick is pulling like a mad man! Beat him 5car's. He said i tricked him, i told him im testing the car for the first time, it should be way faster than it is! Long story short turbo spool slow all night dew to leaking crossover, but i only lost one race! That was to a 68 big tire truck with ton's of NOS, he got me 6 off the line, and only beat me by a half car, shooting 3stage's of NOS.

Yeah, got the cash, and by the 4th pass the car was running 15mph faster thru the trap, didnt push it to hard.

First off 878 o2 volts is WAY rich maybe some part of the slow spool problem, and at 111mph you should be damn close to the 11's I'd lean it out or turn up the boost.

I think i had the alky coming on to soon (8psi) Whats a good psi for it to come on?

Nice runs. Fix the crossover pipe. Its letting outside air in and thereby richening the car up. Put a wideband on it and really tune it in.

Sounds like a classic sandbagging lure them in first run.:biggrin::biggrin:

So what were your times on the other runs?

Well my times are all over the place. For one im affraid im going to break a drive shaft, so i leave with no boost. Then the cross over is found not to be the problem, it these Headers, the one on the driver side is bending the more i tighten the bolts, where it connects to the crossover is egg shaped. The muffler shop said it will leak, cause it losing it shape!!! It sound crapy, i dont even wont to say what i paid for these Poston Header, but i need to fix the stock one's or try find more. I mainly tune for MPH, and the best yet is 124mph. Thinking of trying the any stainless header for now. If i leave with boost i should get a good E.T.

wow thats a lot of MPH on the top end, you should be in the low elevens. what was your trap time on that 124MPH run?

Back