You can type here any text you want

Kirban 100lbs valve springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

I have had the 100lbs valve springs, that Kirban sells, installed in my car.The guy that did them for me didn't put the stock valve spring cups on,I called Kirban and they didn't know if they should or shouldn't be installed with there valve springs,they just said to run it buy you guys to see what you guys do today.Any info would be great.Thanks,ikle

I always read that you don't reuse the cups. I've replaced 3-4 sets and not used the cups...and have had no issues.

Dont use the cups. I would think Kirban would have a little more knowledge on the parts he sells to be able to tell you that. Unfortunately he doesnt.

The reason we told you to talk to your mechanic is that about half our customers do use the cups and the other half dont. There are alot of different opinions on this. That is why we tell our customers to go with what there mechanic recommends.

Pete
Kirbans

Thanks for the info,sorry if it sounded like I had a problem with Kirban, I been doing buisness with them for 5 years now and had no issues with them.They are a great company and I will continue to do buisness with them.Pete just didn't no what the norm was as he stated, "some do some don't".He just told me to ask you guys to see what you guys do today,because as we all know what works today might not work tomarrow.Thanks again for the info,hope I didn't affend anyone,ikle

the cup is a dampner for the stock spring to prevent spring from resonating , the replacements that kirban sells have a internal dampner which dont need the the stock cup, also the stock cup acts as a shim and a 100lb spring shouldnt need to be shimmed for stock cam applications , its already on the high side , check the springs and if any are light then shim

Back