kirban GNX suspension

got rice?

anyone run this? is it really worth the investment? minus the expensive diff cover,it looks similar to drag suspension that people fabricate on heir own. would it have any advantage over a ladder bar or 4-link set up?

The Kirban GNX rear is a neat piece but guys are running REALLY fast on "Stock Style" suspension - at least 8's - not sure what the record is for "stock style" suspension is at the moment.

I am sure some of the fast guys will chime in - my boxed rear control arms and air bags are the only thing I have done to my suspension, but I only run high 11's/low 12's

We have the record 7.9 @ 175MPH.
3450lbs with a 29.5 X10.5W.

A local GNX owner believes that the stock GN suspension is superior to the GNX suspension for drag racing. He believes that his broken drive shaft (on a 1.7 60') is the result of the way the GNX suspension works on launch.

got rice? said:
yeah id say that you guys make the GNX suspension look like a waste of money :biggrin:

Don't laugh, I am thinking of working on a GNX Type set up.
The wolfe torque arm is a bone of contention with the stock suspension classes. If I claimed my car was a GNX Clone I could technically run a torque arm in a stock suspension class..... :eek:

John Wilde said:
Don't laugh, I am thinking of working on a GNX Type set up.
The wolfe torque arm is a bone of contention with the stock suspension classes. If I claimed my car was a GNX Clone I could technically run a torque arm in a stock suspension class..... :eek:

Just do it, do it! :biggrin:

Not to hijack here...but how does the gnx suspension handle the twisties as compared to a mildly built 4-link? I would think that the panhard bar would keep the car centered over the rear better than the 4-link.

I think Buick/GM designed the GNX rear more for handling than for launch. But few of them are pushed into the canyons, so it's hard to say how good they work. SOMEBODY must have some comments, though, either on the GNX or the Kirban clone.

I think Buick/GM designed the GNX rear more for handling than for launch. But few of them are pushed into the canyons, so it's hard to say how good they work. SOMEBODY must have some comments, though, either on the GNX or the Kirban clone.

I have the clone installed by Richard Clark everything is exact and in my eyes there are no downsides to the set-up other than getting past the initial cost, naturally your exhaust has to be changed out to a 2 1/2" gnx-style system to clear everything. You guys have forgotten more than I know about drag racing and launching but from a street perspective it is instant forward motion when accelarating...pretty much opposite feeling than stock if that makes sense...the system requires or at least strongly recommends all bushings and braces be installed along with new Bilsteins on all four...the combonation of everything tied together makes for a super tight ride, no roll, no jarring impacts over bumps...you don't think twice when tooling along and coming up onto crappy bumpy stretches of road, you can maintain your speed, accelarate, whatever and it's almost unoticable..."they go great straight" is out the window because you can hang with just about anything in the twisties...If you do get it and have Richard Clark install it I can tell you one thing it will be done to perfection with NO regrets...top quality, i like it!