You can type here any text you want

Kirban rear coil springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
Anyone have any experiences with these good or bad? I still have the stock ones on and they are shot. My car sags so bad it looks lowered. I'm looking at wheels with a 3.375" backspacing but I don't think they would fit without replacing the springs first. The wheels will be 15 x 8.5" with a 28 x 9" M/T slick. Any pics or experiences are appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tim.

If Kirbans is still selling the same ones I bought 6 years ago, they are an upgrade to the stock spring as they are slightly stiffer. They do ride well. They will put your car at the fcty ride height. Ours was sagging slightly. I like them and we are running 255's. They are Federal Mogul's (sp?).

Are the 255's your running with the stock wheel offset? (4.5" I think) I have 245's and they rub the frame rail very little on hard cornering. I definetly couldn't go any bigger on this rim unless I use spacers.

I'm running my original rims. Under normal driving, no rubbing in the rear. A little in the front if I turn the wheel all the way when backing up. I would imagine it would rub if I didn't have boxed control arms to hold it straight. I think it did rub once when O got on the turbo taking off from a stop and turning at the same time.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members-rides-friends-family/192680-only-tr-county.html

Pics are lousy, but I love the way they look and ride.

I just put on variable rate springs and they brought my car back up to stock, or maybe slightly higher than stock ride height. I got 'em from NAPA for about $75 and they work great. Why purchase these from Kirban when they are readily available at the parts store?

Might want to do a search on this subject, I am sure that a lot of usable info will come back. And fwiw, Federal Mogul uses moog suspension coil springs, and I suspect that's what Kirban uses.

Back