You can type here any text you want

KIRBAN'S Replacement Hood Struts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Why did I wait so long? :unsure:

Been about 1.5 to 2 years or so that my hood struts became temperature sensitive. On a warm day, or enough engine heat & they would hold the hood open, as long as there wasn't a breeze.

Then one day the hood closed on me as I was trying to check the oil. :mad: I began using a wood dowel as a prop rod. No more! Those replacement struts are awesome!

Thanks for another great product.

JM I have not tried it myself but i thought it would be a great idea since you don't have to wet the pad or scrub it. If you get a chance try it on a dirty tire and see how it self cleans the tire and puts a little shine on it. Seems like pretty amazing stuff.

kirban 2 cents worth

Going by memory back when I was moving alot of these cars I would take a can of black satin paint and any like white spots I wold spray it. That was my cure for white spots as for oil stains I can't see any possible solution due to the age of the material as it can basically start to crumble of you mess with it.

We sell a 8 hole as the 9 hole is no longer available and hasn't been in years cept maybe ebay.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Speaking of tips here is another one if your frustrated trying to secure your jack in the trunk profanity doesn't work take some duct tape and tape the lug wrench to the jack.

Trick I would do years ago on some of the cars I sold as some of the parts were missing. Best way to eliminate rattles in that area.

Well... I replaced my plug wires & installed a Casper's volt booster today. Poured a bottle of Octanium in the tank & went for a drive. First stop was Autozone. The under-hood light bulb was burnt out & I figured I'd replace it. Bought the bulbs, went back out to the car & popped the hood. When I went to lift the hood like usual, the thing flew up so fast, it damn near hit me in the chin! Those Kirban replacement struts are dangerous!

Car is running & driving the best it has since I bought it. New tires & shocks ride real smooth. Can't even tell how fast you're going. Just ask the cop who shot me with his radar gun while I was coasting down a hill at 56mph in a 40mph zone. :banghead:

I think he just wanted to check out my car. He seemed to know what it was. Hey, its cool if you want to pull me over to check out the car, but don't write me up. That's just wrong!

Replaced mine last summer & it's nice to know the hood won't drop on my head when I'm looking inside the engine bay. Another nice upgrade from Kirbans site.

Back