Kirbans reproduction gnx exhaust

spikestta

I was on kirbans web site looking at some pics they have posted on the repro gnx exhaust system. Looking at the pics it looks like the tail pipe ends are cut straight. I dont know if thats just the angle of the photo. Does anyone have any info? Are they cut straight or are they cut like the factory tail pipes. Thanks

I was on kirbans web site looking at some pics they have posted on the repro gnx exhaust system. Looking at the pics it looks like the tail pipe ends are cut straight. I dont know if thats just the angle of the photo. Does anyone have any info? Are they cut straight or are they cut like the factory tail pipes. Thanks
They r cut slanted like the factory at the end tip.

THE EXHAUST SYSTEM IS BEAUTIFUL.. JUST A NOTE THOUGH, YOU WILL NEED A GRAND NATIONAL LR FACTORY HANGER WITH THIS SYSTEM, THE ORIG GNX HANGER IS DIFFERENT..

Thanks for the info. Looking at the pics they look cut straight and I was saying to my self why go through the trouble creating a replica exhaust and not cut the tail pipes to factory specs. Thanks again

The Kirban system hangs really low. While the tips look original, the rest of the system is not an exact fit or reproduction of the original. Just FYI

SORRY DOUBLE POST .

Attachments

• securedownload[2] (3)[1].jpg
    securedownload[2] (3)[1].jpg
    48 KB · Views: 278
its not bent like the factory system at all . RC has also tweaked it . so it dont sit as low as the first run ..
118832-bd18b20e7b0838ea01ad9d5d56f74520[1].jpg
securedownload[2] (3)[1].jpg

Wow, great news for those of us who spent a small fortune on the first run !!!
just like anything else.. im sure it took customer feedback to get it right .. RC is one of the good guys .. if you bring this up to him i bet he fixes it for ya . he is that kind of guy .. and the new mufflers are amazing ..

So I guess you have to cross your fingers and hope you get the revised system when you order. Do you think they revised the NOS systems.Thanks

Have #331 at shop trying to get the system fitted. The exhaust swallows the muffler on the front side which is opposite of what it should be. Was this the case with yours?

Did you have to remove any parts to get the rear pipes over the axles? Shop has been unable to snake them through.

Never mind on post #2. I found where rear needs to be dropped. Was hoping to avoid that.

Ross , I just did mine about 2 weeks ago . I did mine on my 4 post lift , but before even attempting it I could see without doubt it would be a lot easier if the panhard bars were off to sneak the tailpipes up and over . Did not drop the rear down at all . I did not however use the mufflers that come in the kit , I got the exhaust (just the pipes) as my SS ATR mufflers were in like new condition , so I reused them .
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG

Thanks! So far, #331 hasn't released any of it's original parts without a battle, so I am going to try and snake them through while on jackstands. The muffler shop only has the drive-in type lifts which don't allow the rear to drop.

We're the mufflers, that came with your system 2-1/4" or 2-1/2"? What I have is 2-1/2" system, but 2-1/4" mufflers?

I didn't use the mufflers that would come in the RC kit , so I did not see them in person , so I wouldn't know . The ATR Pit Bull muffs is what I used , they are 2 1/2'' .
Make it worth your while and drop out the panhard bars , easy to do , pipes will go right over the rear .