You can type here any text you want

knock and smoke need help?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

Problem 1- When driving the car and I get up to about 85 or 90 the knock gauge shows that I have knock and I back out. :confused:

Problem 2- After the car warms up it smoke out of one side of the exhaust on the driver side. The smoke is real lite, it’s alike a gray/ blue color. It also so dose that when I take off from a light or something. :confused:

When you start the engine up from cold "overnite"...when do you see smoke? When you immediately start it...or after a minute or two? If it's after a minute or two...then it's likely a turbo seal on the exhaust side...and after a minute or two the DP heats up...and starts burning off the oil.

When you start the engine up from cold "overnite"...when do you see smoke? When you immediately start it...or after a minute or two? If it's after a minute or two...then it's likely a turbo seal on the exhaust side...and after a minute or two the DP heats up...and starts burning off the oil.

It dose it after a few minute after sitting for sometime.

How many miles on the motor, is it still bone stock?

No not a all. Motor was just pulled about 6 months ago to have head gasket done and the bottom end checked.

smoke

It dose it after a few minute after sitting for sometime.

No not a all. Motor was just pulled about 6 months ago to have head gasket done and the bottom end checked.[/QUOTE

Sounds like vavle seals in the heads,were the motor mounts ever change? chex to see if any thing is hitting any were.

just had it up on the lift the other day and didn't see anything and no the motor mounts was not change. Man I hope it's not the vavle seals in the heads. Man
I can't check a brake with my car :mad:

motor

Were there bigger vavles put in the heads? When the heads were off and redone, did they put unbrella seals on the vavle stems?

motor

The best way to chex that is ,let the car warm up to the temp then shut it off and let it cool down a bit ,then pull the drivers side header off and look at the exchaus vavles with a flash light and you"ll see the oil on the top of the vavle, if you see it thats your problem and you can not put the umbrella seals on the vavle stems because they have to machine the head for that.

Ok I will check that, I also have another set of Champ Irons that are ready to go if need be.

Well took the car out today and the knock seem to have stop, but its still smoking, Didn't have chance to drop the drive side header hope to do that tomorrow

Back