You can type here any text you want

knock at 12 psi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jackie grabos

i have just installed caspers audible knock gauge. i also installed manual boost controller. when i took it to test was getting boost to about 12 psi and getting 1/2 second knock alert. i have boost controller screwed about 2 1/2 turns in. how am i getting knock when the stock setup is for 14.7lbs of boost? shouldn't i be able to get 15lbs without knock at least? i have a vacuum boost autolite combo gauge. the turo is bigger so it does not spool up as fast and i have exhaust leaks. running hooker headers now but having stock manifold put back on. i have older extender chip in. if i switch back to stock would that help? i would like tt chip but not sure of turbo. i think it is 70mm and injectors are lucas red stripe and 41.8lbs/hr. do not have scanmaster yet and know i need to get one. any help appreciated. thanks

i have just installed caspers audible knock gauge. i also installed manual boost controller. when i took it to test was getting boost to about 12 psi and getting 1/2 second knock alert. i have boost controller screwed about 2 1/2 turns in. how am i getting knock when the stock setup is for 14.7lbs of boost? shouldn't i be able to get 15lbs without knock at least? i have a vacuum boost autolite combo gauge. the turo is bigger so it does not spool up as fast and i have exhaust leaks. running hooker headers now but having stock manifold put back on. i have older extender chip in. if i switch back to stock would that help? i would like tt chip but not sure of turbo. i think it is 70mm and injectors are lucas red stripe and 41.8lbs/hr. do not have scanmaster yet and know i need to get one. any help appreciated. thanks

Your extender chip isn't the problem, it's got low timing just like the TT chips, and going to a stock chip will cause even more problems because of it's much higher timing.
The fact that you have exhaust leaks is going to throw off your tune significantly! So get your problems fixed before changing anything else. Don't start chasing your tail.
Oh, BTW, stock boost was 12#. But better gas way back then.

Yes you need a scanmaster. A 70mm turbo is a lot if turbo without any monitoring device. If you have that big of a turbo you need to be able to monitor stuff. Do you have any other mods besides what's listed? If not you may have a stock fuel pump laying down causing the knock you are seeing. If you get too much knock you will be replacing the engine, so get a scanmaster and post the results!

Ok, was looking at old receipts and fuel pump was replaced in 2009. It has maybe 1000 miles use. Not sure if filter was replaced but going to do that anyway. The car has ported heads and manifold also. I'm guessing my problem is not enough fuel. I have Lucas redstripe injectors, 40.albs at 45 psi. If I hot-wire the pump, will this supply enough fuel? I really don't want to get a new pump if I can avoid it. I have seen external pump on gnperformance, would this be an option? Any help appreciated. Also have holly pressure regulator and been told they are crap so will probably upgrade pressure regulator also. Any recommendations?

time for a new pump , this time get a 255lph from one of the buick venders

Damn, was hoping to avoid having to drop the gas tank. Will this pump be enough or do ineed hotwire kit also?Thanks will search through forums for step by step on how to change.

do a good performance pump AND a hotwire. There is absolutely no reason not to and tons of reasons to to it. A search will tell them all to you.

Back