You can type here any text you want

knock from 1-2 with alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NC87GN

johnny boost
Been trying to eliminate my transitional knock by editing spark advance tables in the chip. It occurs at 22-25mph right after my 1-2 shift. After the 1-2 shift the knock is completely gone. I have the ability to burn chips and tried several things to eliminate the knock. If I run 20* at 21# no transitional knock. Running 21* at 23# shows 6-8 degrees of knock from 1-2. Fuel tables and 02 numbers are near perfect 800mV with BLM locked at WOT. This really sucks as the car will take 24* at 24# if I roll into it at 43+ mph through 3rd and 4th gear no knock! I'm thinking the convertor spools so quick the ALKY cannot react and suppress the knock. Either that or the 1-2 shifts are causing false knock. I'll try some good gas to see if it goes away. Wondering what the timing tables and boost levels the ALKY users are using?

Mine are 23* up to 2800 rpm, then 21* from 2800 on at 255 MAF..
23# of boost

Running a 2800 stall at 0 boost (9X11 convertor) with a pt51 and v4 IC with stock heads..

TIA

Mike B.

Just for kicks, try this: Use the red test button and push it at the instant you mash the throttle.

I'm curious to see if that fixes it, it worked for me.

Bob

Back