Knock retard and fuel pressure

TheDoughboy

When you get knock retard, is the fuel pressure supposed to drop when it's knocking? I'm trying to figure out my KR problem. I am getting up to 16 deg of knock at wot. Tried to make knock at idle and with just "key on" using an extension, no luck.

Coil pack ohms out fine. Numbers on scanmaster seem good. Numbers are at idle, except 02's. I have not installed my boost gauge yet, broken leg (anybody want to do it $$) I hit the red with the factory gauge. I have replaced the wg hoses. I'm running a xylene mix with a hotwired 340 and a reds 93 chip.

02- 840+ at wot
af- 05
L8- 43-40-43
batt- 13.5-13.7
int- 128
bl- 128
tps- .44 idle - 4.84 wot
iac- 23
cc- 98
nal- 00

Any help is greatly appreciated:) Does anyone on this list live in the Sacramento area?

Thanks,

Ron

I forgot to mention

I have the stock injectors and am running 42psi line off. Accufab fuel pressure reg. New fuel filter too.

Ron

You need the boost gauge first. You may be simply overboosting for the octane.

Check the motor mounts as well by putting the car in D with the brake on and stepping lightly on the gas with the hood open and see if the engine moves up a lot.

The fuel pressure won't necessarily drop with KR most likely won't.

840 WOT is plenty rich I think you are simply overboosting for the ocatane available.

Get the gauge in there. :)

When I installed the scanmaster, I was under the dash for 2 mins. Pissed my leg off good. Broken in 4 places. I can't install my gauges right now. I was thinking If I had the boost gauge installed, I would see an overboost condition.

I installed the fuel pump and hot wire ok, I can sit and lay on the ground ok. Getting under the dash is a Pain right now. I will chack the mounts, I have a engine strap to put on too.

Thanks Salvage!

Ron