You can type here any text you want

knock sensor issuse?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobtempest

Staff member
The XFI seems to not be picking up any knock (ESC Retard). Even when you do the socket extension "tapping test". Replaced the knock sensor with a brand new Delco unit. Installed the knock sensor at 13ft lbs and with the car off but key on and logging I tapped the back of the block, intake, side of the block, and valve cover. I would not think the wiring in the XFI adapter (Casper box) harness is crossed. I dont really want to turn up the boost until I know for sure that knock can be read.

Thanks
Rob Hinson

Rob,
Make sure the ESC parameters are correct in the program. If they are and you still aren't picking up KR give me a call. I have been away all weekend and will be home tonight.

Are you still using the factory annunciator?

If the sensor is under-torqued, it might not be picking up a signal.

-Bob C.

The XFI ignores the knock sensor at idle. You can still read ESC retard on the main dash, it just won't be pulling actual timing out at idle. You can also change the TPS calibration so the XFI thinks it's not idling and then test the ESC.

Back