You can type here any text you want

knock sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dave p

I'm new to the GN world, so please bear with me....My 87 GN has a Casper knock sensor gauge on the A pillar...I just got the car out for the spring and drove it for the first time and when I got into the gas about half way, the red light on the sensor went off and beeped. I let off for a minute, then very slowly accelerated and the yellow light lit up for a second....With the red light going off and the beep, is this something I need to be very concerned about, as I don't want to blow a head gasket or worse....Thank in advance for any help....Dave

Knock is something to be very concerned about. Knock can kill your head gaskets and can take out the bottom end also. Some cars have a problem with fasle knock which comes from something besides detonation but be very careful until you figure out what the cause is.

Thanks for the response's....I'm still getting to know the motor and am unsure what my next step is in trying to figure out why the sensor is going off..

Welcome to the board ! #1 What chip is in the car , #2 what is your fuel pressure @ idle ( vacuum line off regulator ) # 3 get a scanmaster . How old is your fuel pump ? How does the car run other than the knock problem ? good idle ? Post up scanmaster numbers after you get one , so we can help you sort out your knock problem . Also do a spring cleaning http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html . Good Luck , Sam

Welcome to the board ! #1 What chip is in the car , #2 what is your fuel pressure @ idle ( vacuum line off regulator ) # 3 get a scanmaster . How old is your fuel pump ? How does the car run other than the knock problem ? good idle ? Post up scanmaster numbers after you get one , so we can help you sort out your knock problem . Also do a spring cleaning http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html . Good Luck , Sam

Thanks Sam....ill get on that...i did do all the spring cleaning items. Car idles good. Driving at 25 to 30 steady it seems to surge a bit, on and off. Hittin the gas it feels awesome...ill be checkin the fuel pressure and injectors next week then hopefully ordering a scanmaster.

Back