You can type here any text you want

Knock Sensors

• Thread starter Thread starter brewmeister7
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

brewmeister7

I've scoured the earth far and wide for the '78-'83 knock sensor and found that they can still be had through special order at the tune of between $56.00 and $81.00 depending on which store you go to.Autozone won out with the $56.00 bid.Anyone know where to get these for cheaper? Boneyards in my area have been picked clean.Is there any particular manufacturer that is better than another?(i.e.whats the difference between a $56.00 unit and a $81.00?.....markup?):mad:

Did you check with GMpartsdirect? It was still avalible last summer.

I had mine replacd at the buick dealer last mar :eek: . I think it was $81. I'll dig out my work order and see.

Originally posted by Ttype83
I had mine replacd at the buick dealer last mar :eek: . I think it was $81. I'll dig out my work order and see.

Jim, your knock sensor should have been more like $35. The '83 Turbo V6 uses the same piezo element as 84/87's (Vs. the '78/82 accelerometer). It's a better sensor for less money.

If somebody could figure out who the get the piezo element to work with the '78/80 Turbo Control Centers, it would be great! :) (I do know they have different resistences.)

Originally posted by b4black

Jim, your knock sensor should have been more like $35. The '83 Turbo V6 uses the same piezo element as 84/87's (Vs. the '78/82 accelerometer). It's a better sensor for less money.
Still trying to find the work order to find out how much they stuck me for.

Back