You can type here any text you want

KTF trans any good?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

novaderrik

seeing how it's spring again and i want to drive my car, i'm wondering if i can do anything with the KTF trans that's in the car now to hold me over until i get the $$$ to put the BQ trans back together.
it goes right into gear instantly and shifts really nice at anything less than 1/2 throttle and doesn't burn the fluid. it would be a great trans for a stock 307 powered daily driver.
if i was to put a shift kit in it and a better servo- along with the D5 converter i recently acquired- would it make for a decent trans to get me thru a summer of driving? i'm thinking i could use the stock BQ servo, since i want to get a better one for that trans when i put it back together, anyways.
is it possible to drill the valve body for the 3rd gear pressure switch so that i can make that part fully functional, as well? if so, what size bit and tap do i use to do it?
it's actually been in the car since i broke the stock trans in 2005 and lets me drive the car- but i miss the fun of WOT upshifts and actually being able to build boost before launching..

funny.. i did a quick google for that trans code, and found a post i made here back in Sept of '05 when i got the trans that i'm asking about.

Why don't you put the valvebody, governor, and spacer plate from the BQ into the KTF?

i thought of doing that, but i'm going to need those parts in case i ever get the BQ back together...
if i was to do that, it would essentially be a BQ trans, right?

cool...
as Hannibal used to say on the A Team- i love it when a plan comes together. tomorrow, the car comes apart- gonna pull the motor and trans together so i can take care of a few leaks in the motor and see if i've actually got turbo guts in it. it also makes it easier to swap the converters when i don't have to wrestle with putting a trans in the car all by myself laying on the floor.

Back