You can type here any text you want

L and r rocker arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ADJMART

upgraded to 980 valve springs this week and had to dissasemble one side of the rocker arms.I didnt realize there were left and right arms for each side and put them back on the shaft in no special order.Rocker Shaft

So I guess my question is do I need to pull it back apart and make sure they are in the right order?The car seemed fine when I drove it?

I would pop the valve cover off and check them. If OK, then good to go. If not, then R&R the rockers. Using new buttons is recommended.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Maybe i didnt look good enough when it was apart but I didnt notice any markings on the factory rockers to show left or right.The ones I ordered to make a valve spring tool from autozone were stamped to show the difference.
So is there a mark on the factory ones or some measurement I can do to indicate left or right?

Maybe i didnt look good enough when it was apart but I didnt notice any markings on the factory rockers to show left or right.The ones I ordered to make a valve spring tool from autozone were stamped to show the difference.
So is there a mark on the factory ones or some measurement I can do to indicate left or right?

Check the first & second picture in the vortexbuicks link. The push rod cups are offset in the opposite direction for L versus R.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I just re-assembled my original arms and rockers (after cleanup), and there were no markings. These are original factory parts.
Didn't really look at the cups, but I do know they went back on in the places they came from.

From everything I have read it looks like the factory rockers were all the same with no markings and the aftermarket ones came as left or rights offset to correct a factory problem.So since I have factory rockers I guess it doesnt matter what order they are in?

Back